Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol City 2-0 Wanderers

radcliffe white

LA said we were unlucky last night.

A fan reeled off our stats for this season and said how the fuck is that luck.

LA replied were you there?

Fan said no.

LA replied well don't comment on things you didn't see.

............next up.

A fan told LA we will all be here a long after the Anderson's have left.

LA replied well you wouldn't have a club to support if it wasn't for us.

I really don't get the outrage. Goons have been waiting for this tittle tattle for ages. All taken well out of context. Don't give it then retweet and spit your dummy out if you can't take a jibe back.

LA just needs to come off social media and leave the weapons to it.

Agreed but I think he should stick at social media why not if it’s good enough for the president of USA we might as well get some entertainment

The lad from Bristol looks to be one of the better signings I'd say that was a good move

They got George saville he actually looks decent

But there is no difference is our squads player for player

Meredith is a better left back than we've got. Mclaughlin a better RB. And Morison is better than Madine.

Don't know enough about the rest of them to say, but they've clearly got a few who can score goals. 

• Members

It's alright for you, P. We've got to watch this shit. Much more from the /chairman's twatter feed and there'll be one or two stopping their direct debits.

Don't worry Mick. I am watching most of it too.

Dire though it is, we diehards will stick as you well know.

Maybe I've chilled out a bit with age etc but I'm long done with the days of letting bolton ruin my life.

Last night we had grown men on about asking for refunds on match tickets for last night, refunds on season tickets and bricking team coaches.

Folk really do need to gain some perspective.

I'm not saying don't care, but we've lost a few football matches, last season we won some.

It will be alright in the grand scheme of things.

Last season folk were moaning because we were inconsistent.

This season we have become the most consistent team in the league, and folk still moan.

Seriously, no manager with half a brain would now take on the job without a king's ransom.

As for the players, confidence is clearly shot.

I know it is difficult to project helpful support onto a team in this state, but every supporter should ask themselves how they can help.

Getting twitchy in the final minutes does not help. Leaving early does not help.

Perhaps buying a ticket (to support club funds) but not turning up is better than moaning, groaning and leaving early.

• Site Supporter

Ken's statements seem to be getting increasingly descriptive of games with comments about performances etc.

I quote like his updates on off field activities, but not so sure about so much comment about the football side of things, even if they are generally positive.

Could be digging a bit of a hole for himself.

Last season folk were moaning because we were inconsistent.

This season we have become the most consistent team in the league, and folk still moan.

Seriously, no manager with half a brain would now take on the job without a king's ransom.

As for the players, confidence is clearly shot.

I know it is difficult to project helpful support onto a team in this state, but every supporter should ask themselves how they can help.

Getting twitchy in the final minutes does not help. Leaving early does not help.

Perhaps buying a ticket (to support club funds) but not turning up is better than moaning, groaning and leaving early.

Getting twitchy in the final minutes?

Most have gone home by then!!!!

Any fan in the world would moan, groan and leave early watching that dross week in week out.

• Moderators

I don't think I could have done more than I have personally, as in turn up, bit it doesn't appear to help much

As has always been the case

It won't increase losing week in week out and not scoring goals. Just for balance we had bigger crowd than preston on Saturday who are making a decent bid for the playoffs.

Even the nob enders at work are taking pity on me now, it’s unbearable. I’d rather they laid into me as I would them. Nob end bastards. Absolutely dreading that game next month.

Caught up with the highlights - it was a bit of a soft one but, taken in isolation, I don't think Morais can have too many complaints.

I agree, both were yellows.

I think the argument if any, is that after one yellow, a ref doesn't issue such a soft second one, but he's well within his rights to do so.

My issue is with the player himself.

Most of my working week is split between Sheffield (80% blades 20% pigs) and the hinterland of Wolverhampton, 80% dogheads, with a spattering of Vile, Brum and West Brom.

My defence when 'the banter' starts is 2 years ago we were 5 minutes from being wound up - "4th from bottom this season will suit me fine, and if we go down again so be it. How many European aways have you been on in the recent past?".