Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"designer" Labels

Burndens Bogs

• Members

I used to wear nowt but 501's, but they keep fucking about with the cut - tried some on the other day - was like putting a pair of flares on.

As for the rest of it? I'll leave that bollocks for the young un's.

I actively avoid clothes that have logos/branding slapped all over them these days.

Alarming this Mick. This is now two things we have in common.

Fuck me - the two Korea's will be having peace talks next.

I used to wear nowt but 501's, but they keep fucking about with the cut - tried some on the other day - was like putting a pair of flares on.

You wanna have a look at the new 501 skinny fit, i was reluctant as i hate the idea of skinny jeans but the fit is spot on. Slimmer leg and a much better fit.

I'd not worn 501's for 10+ years due to the wide leg fit but these are belting.

Now enough of this fashionista talk, where are the tits!!

You wanna have a look at the new 501 skinny fit, i was reluctant as i hate the idea of skinny jeans but the fit is spot on. Slimmer leg and a much better fit.

Thanks for the tip I'll give that a try, near enough bell bottom the latest pair I got

Never knew they did that. I'll have a gander. Ta very much

I always thought the idea with the levis number system was that the cut of the jeans was always the same.

So a pair of 501s from the 70s would be the same shape as a pair now.

The slimmer leg 510/511 is what I've gone for in recent years.

Nah. They deffo change the cut. Early 90's when every bugger was going baggy they were quite slim fitting. Now everybody has gone slim they are like flares. Guess they are just contrary feckers

501's are supposed to be a regular/straight fit jean.

Being a short arse I find Hugo Boss fit me best but I do occasionally come across Paul Smith jeans that fit me ok also.

As others have said I prefer my logos either hidden or discrete. Can't stand a whopping great big logo I think it makes you look like a twat.

Somebody mentioned suits earlier - mine is tailored/made to measure. It was fucking expensive but it fits me properly and I had input into things like colour, lining and other little tweaks you font get from buying off the peg. If you can afford it I'd highly recommend it

• Moderators

I always thought the idea with the levis number system was that the cut of the jeans was always the same.

So a pair of 501s from the 70s would be the same shape as a pair now.

The slimmer leg 510/511 is what I've gone for in recent years.

aye

mick just got chubby

ralph lauren and fred perry tops, mainly

next jeans, always

adidas / asics trainers

fjallraven coat

Aye I'd say Fjallraven is probably my favourite clothing brand. Everything I've had from them lasts forever and is still not as rinsed as other brands (might change now they're opening more stores over here) apart from that Kanken backpack.

Anyone had a jacket from Hawkswood Mercantile? Geordie bloke that moved to India and set up a clothing company.

Superb looking jackets but had a brochure from him and they all seem a bit on the thin side to be used in winter

Anyone had a jacket from Hawkswood Mercantile? Geordie bloke that moved to India and set up a clothing company.

Superb looking jackets but had a brochure from him and they all seem a bit on the thin side to be used in winter

Got a mate who had a custom made smock done for 200ish bob i think. Not cheap but looks bang on and you can have a lot of input into the design. Can ask him for more details/what he thinks about the thickness etc if you’d like