Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wrexham

BoltonBoy80

7th of may 2018 will be 30th anniversary of a very very special day. In some people’s eyes the best away game experience of their lives.

Would be great if club did a special night. Put the full game on big screeen in one of the big suites and ask all the players from that match to attend. “An evening to remember Wrexham”

Some amazing commentary from Dave Higson RIP. Could invite his wife down.

Might be me being a sad bastard but for me that would be a cracking evening.

7th of may 2018 will be 30th anniversary of a very very special day. In some people’s eyes the best away game experience of their lives.

Would be great if club did a special night. Put the full game on big screeen in one of the big suites and ask all the players from that match to attend. “An evening to remember Wrexham”

Great idea...know a few that would attend, perhaps donate proceeds to a good cause

• Site Supporter

Bang on. Gonzo once wrote a bit of a synopsis of what that feeling was like. Summed it up well.

Not sure my ears have been right since. Still say one fat sod near me learned to levitate when savage struck.

Get it on; I'd love to re-live that.

I can just envisage platinum suite packed to the rafters with whites fans. Wrexham match on massive screen. 1988 Players come out to huge cheers and chants. Everybody on the piss and reminiscing of that day. Fuck me that would be ace. People pointing themselves out in the stands and on the pitch! Make the club a few bob or donate to good cause.

Can’t even get folk to the game for £15

Great idea you be lucky to get a couple of hundred in

I was thinking that, by the time the club decide to charge £60 a ticket for the event, all enthusiasm would wain and you would be lucky to fill more than 2 or 3 tables

I was thinking that, by the time the club decide to charge £60 a ticket for the event, all enthusiasm would wain and you would be lucky to fill more than 2 or 3 tables

aye ken will let people reminisce but a for a price what makes it viable to open it up

Be best at a boozer or some social club

Good idea and great memories. If everyone goes who says they attended the original match there will be about 50,000 there :)

I missed it :(

Along with Bayern away it's my two biggest football regrets if you discount the matter that i made both the Black Sunday & Stoke semi final games. Bloody typical

They should incorporate it in their end of season bash especially if we stop up. Cracking day that and yes still my best day as a Wanderer

They should incorporate it in their end of season bash especially if we stop up. Cracking day that and yes still my best day as a Wanderer

do the still have a end of season bash