Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby 3-0 Wanderers

famouswanderer

With that stats comparison you need to take out the first 11 games with 2 points as we had no ameobi, henry or vela . So thats 24 points from 17 games with madine in the proper team. We were on an upward curve.

I don’t really see how you can choose not to include 11 games that Madine led the line in. 8 of them straight, we didn’t even score in

Ameobi and Vela didn’t play yesterday does that mean it’s a write off

I don’t really see how you can choose not to include 11 games that Madine led the line in. 8 of them straight, we didn’t even score in

Vela did play but you can be forgiven for thinking he didn’t though.

Because the games since he’s left has been the same team as the 13 previous ones. There is little to distinguish when he left from before other than he left.

Nixon claiming that if Wheater plays 3 more times this season he’s owed £50,000 bonus. If true I strongly suspect that is why he hasn’t been playing. Ken probably told Parky to try and avoid it. Given where we are though he needs to play with his experience.

Nothing’s changed? In the last 13 games he was here we scored 13 goals. In the 13 since he’s gone we scored 8.

Without a target man we struggle to create since our players have to play more intricate football that they aren’t really capable of.

When he was here we created more and scored more because it was easier.

Now it’s bloody hard work and is as simple as trying to find a way to play up to ALF with a limited team is far far more tricky than being able to play off a target then work it wise and get crosses in.

We need to play well to win. With Madine we could win without playing well. Cardiff at home for example. Did nothing then last twenty minutes he bosses them.

Whatever way you cut it we’ve never been free scoring. But taking our target man and top scorer out has reduced us below a goal a game significantly. That’s a huge problem in a tight run in.

I think you're talking complete and utter fucking horse shit.

Nixon claiming that if Wheater plays 3 more times this season he’s owed £50,000 bonus. If true I strongly suspect that is why he hasn’t been playing. Ken probably told Parky to try and avoid it. Given where we are though he needs to play with his experience.

Seeing as we’d lose alot more than that if we went down, I’m saying it’s bollock all to do with why he’s not played

Just to clarify my earlier post, I could fully understand why, in our circumstances, when the money got to £6m, Madine was sold. That sort of money was a no-brainer; I'd have seen the sense in it at £4m.

Issue was it being so late in the day to get in a decent quality replacement and what we already had, partlty through reasons mentioned earlier re wage constraints, not good enough. That issue has caught up with us as the season's dragged on, with too many of our squad being fillers for use in emergencies only rather than genuine competition for places or even improvement on what we had when we came up

Iles reporting that the comments from KA did not go down well in the camp. I’m still of the opinion he was right to say it.

I’m sick and tired of players trying to wag the tail of the dog, if it means we get relegated and we have to clear the decks so be it.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Iles reporting that the comments from KA did not go down well in the camp. I’m still of the opinion he was right to say it.

I’m sick and tired of players trying to wag the tail of the dog, if it means we get relegated and we have to clear the decks so be it.

I'm not sure the comments were merited. I don't think fight had been the issue since October

I think you're talking complete and utter fucking horse shit.

It’s clear as day. We struggle to score now. Since Madine left we’ve defended better but there is no reason to conclude that wouldn’t have happened with him here.

Our goals per game are right down though.

Those are just facts. Anyone who watched us then and no can see the problem. We don’t create chances because we need to play our way up to and into the box and we aren’t suited to doing that. Simple. We need a high tempo and struggle to achieve that via a passing game.

It’s clear as day. We struggle to score now. Since Madine left we’ve defended better but there is no reason to conclude that wouldn’t have happened with him here.

Those are just facts. Anyone who watched us then and no can see the problem. We don’t create chances because we need to play our way up to and into the box and we aren’t suited to doing that. Simple. We need a high tempo and struggle to achieve that via a passing game.

We struggled to score before he left, goals have hardly been free flowing all season

We went 8 straight games without scoring with Madine leading the line

It comes across that you want us to do shit so you can pipe up with “I told you we shouldn’t have sold Madine”

£6m for him was the best piece of business we have ever done

We struggled to score before he left, goals have hardly been free flowing all season

It comes across that you want us to do shit so you can pipe up with “I told you we shouldn’t have sold Madine”

Not if we go down. Has ken hacked your account?

In all walks of life if your not pulling your wieght you get told to buck up or fuck off

I dont see why players should be any different

Top respect to the 800 wanderers fans in the stadium. Without any pre planning nearly everyone jumped up and celebrated our first effort on 60 mins like it was a goal. Vela's blaze over the bar showed rubbish technique and poor ability ( compare it to derby's third goal) .

Police , stewards and Derby fans laughed with us not at us .

I don't know how 11 footballers can produce such a shombolic performance...truly awful .. wheater can do one, he's been a liability at every level other than league 1 , Vela anonymous and overrated, beevers out of his depth, Henry..legs gone due to no pre season ... I could go on ... today wad up with the worst of Lennon days.

Not if we go down. How many teams stay up having sold their top scorer? It made a lot of sense business wise to sell. I understand why they did. As a player he wasn’t worth £6M. To us though selling him like we did could cost a lot more than that. Selling him wasn’t the issue the timing and lack of replacement was.

Top respect to the 800 wanderers fans in the stadium. Without any pre planning nearly everyone jumped up and celebrated our first effort on 60 mins like it was a goal. Vela's blaze over the bar showed rubbish technique and poor ability ( compare it to derby's third goal) .

Police , stewards and Derby fans laughed with us not at us .

I don't know how 11 footballers can produce such a shombolic performance...truly awful .. wheater can do one, he's been a liability at every level other than league 1 , Vela anonymous and overrated, beevers out of his depth, Henry..legs gone due to no pre season ... I could go on ... today wad up with the worst of Lennon days.

I’d left by then which was the best decision I made yesterday.

Clear as day?

Do you really think we'd be home and dry had Madine not left?

Him leaving has made no difference. We were bang average with a chance of staying up before he left, we are bang average with a chance of staying up now.

You can analyse goal ratios and all the other bullshit you come out with all day but the only thing that matters is league position.

As it stands we are no worse off without Gary Madine. We've been fine without Gary Madine and the world didn't end when we sold him.

By your blinkered judgment we should be dead and burried by now without him.

I notice you weren't spouting any of this nonsense when we won a few? Bet you couldn't wait for us to hit a bad patch.

You need to get over it.

Clear as day?

Do you really think we'd be home and dry had Madine not left?

Him leaving has made no difference. We were bang average with a chance of staying up before he left, we are bang average with a chance of staying up now.

You can analyse goal ratios and all the other bullshit you come out with all day but the only thing that matters is league position.

As it stands we are no worse off without Gary Madine. We've been fine without Gary Madine and the world didn't end when we sold him.

By your blinkered judgment we should be dead and burried by now without him.

I notice you weren't spouting any of this nonsense when we won a few? Bet you couldn't wait for us to hit a bad patch.

You need to get over it.

As said his contribution of 10 goals and 5 assists won’t be matched by anyone else. Nobody will come close. Of course selling that had hurt us. We are worse without him.

Take the first 12 games out where he actually looked one of our better players but generally we were garbage and our record with him would have kept us up.

It’s just pointing out the obvious that selling your top scorer is never going to have a positive effect. It hasn’t. The fact some people didn’t rate him is belied by the fact nobody is coming close to replacing what he offered.

As said his contribution of 10 goals and 5 assists won’t be matched by anyone else. Nobody will come close. Of course selling that had hurt us. We are worse without him.

Take the first 12 games out where he actually looked one of our better players but generally we were garbage and our record with him would have kept us up.

It’s just pointing out the obvious that selling your top scorer is never going to have a positive effect. It hasn’t. The fact some people didn’t rate him is belied by the fact nobody is coming close to replacing what he offered.

Yes just casually take out the first 12 games to suit your argument.

Nice one.

How can you just "ignore" the first 12 games he played in?

For what it's worth, my opinion is that once the offer got to £6M, he had to go, as he's just not very good - as is being shown now.

Had he stayed, I suspect we would still be in pretty much the same position, we certainly wouldn't be loads of points better off

£6M....I'm still amazed, as he really isn't very good at all.

All this about Madine being top scorer...is it possible to be the only striker picked, to be the only player in the box 90% of the time, to get to take pens despite having dreadful technique, and to take more free kicks than your ability justifies, and somehow not be top scorer? I'd love to know if there any teams who play 1 up front in all 4 divisions who's striker never gets dropped that has been outscored by a teammate who gets dropped every 3rd game?