Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Today's Games

L/H White

Pickfords save against Colombia was pretty decent too. Unfortunately not well remembered because of what happened from the corner

It was going wide, if he'd left it then Colombia wouldn't have had the corner that they scored from - we'd have won 1-0.

Shit dwarf cnut :-)

Should we get through I could see us beating Belgium. I just can't see us beating the French though - they look strong and good on the ball all over the park

Could you say the same about England?

I think France will get through tonight but it's very close to call.  Just think Belgium may have peaked too early

Reckon we'd have a better chance against France than Belgium.

• Moderators

Could you say the same about England?

I think France will get through tonight but it's very close to call.  Just think Belgium may have peaked too early

Reckon we'd have a better chance against France than Belgium.

reckon you could

either way, I think both look stronger overall and both have stronger attacking units than us - but reckon defensively France are better than Belgium, so would prefer the latter if we got to the final and for everything to fall to Kane

reckon you could

either way, I think both look stronger overall and both have stronger attacking units than us - but reckon defensively France are better than Belgium, so would prefer the latter if we got to the final and for everything to fall to Kane

I'm worrying about even typing this and tempting fate and a massive England failure but I too would prefer to face the Belgium's.

The French are a better unit and have more big game experience in comparison. I also feel Belgium could have a big wobble and self destruct with all of those individuals if they have an "off day".

• Site Supporter

I have spoken to clients in France and Belgium this week, the ulterior motive being to tell them that football's coming home.

They have dismissed England's chances of beating either of them, should we get the final, because we won't have played anyone any good yet. I do hope that their players have the same attitude and I would rather we played France as their arrogance might make them believe that even more.

I have spoken to clients in France and Belgium this week, the ulterior motive being to tell them that football's coming home.

They have dismissed England's chances of beating either of them, should we get the final, because we won't have played anyone any good yet. I do hope that their players have the same attitude and I would rather we played France as their arrogance might make them believe that even more.

I'd agree with them to a point but France hardly dispensed wi t'hargies like the Croats did and Belgium could well have lost/drawn to Brazil despite a very good performance.

Trying to be objective about it (which is hard), England have never really looked under the cosh bar a little wobble against Columbia that most teams would have had given the way the game went I reckon.  We are growing into it a bit like France and we should be a little fresher (if that counts for much in a WC final?).  They are better sides but how much is in it no-one really knows.   I think we're better than folk realise and our confidence is growing all the time.

Not really stuck my neck out yet but should we get to the final I think we'll win it.  England as underdogs, no fear, togetherness and bags of belief and talent across the pitch :)  OK, I'm getting giddy . . .

• Moderators

thing is, this WC is where we're at because along the way most of the favorites have been dumped out and there's been plenty shocks, so it's wide open

we just need to get to the final, then who knows

or it will be Belgium V Croatia, which also a bit mental when you think about it, I wouldn't even expect that final at the Euros

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.