Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Macc Lads

I was given a home made compilation of their stuff in high school, funny as fuck. Tempted to go to the Manc gig, didn’t realise they were still going!

Ha that’s how I heard of them

Someone’s older brother had a tape

Bit like Derek & Clive to that end

Local private hire driver round here is a member of The Manc Lads - a tribute to The Macc Lads

Used to pick me up every now and again to take me to Victoria to get the train to The Reebok on match day

Convinced me to go and see them. Dear god they were shite. Really shite. Really bad Oi! shite

Don't know The Macc Lads music but that put me off seeing them. Heard a lot about them. What sort of music is it?

Fuck me, how dated? Songs about queers and AIDS, fuck off.

back in the day I found them pretty funny, but if it's all that same stuff they're doing then it'll be a bit dated won't it? - Also, how old are they now? Must be in their sixties I would have thought.

Although, they surely won't be any shitter than The Lancashire Hotpots will they?

back in the day I found them pretty funny, but if it's all that same stuff they're doing then it'll be a bit dated won't it? - Also, how old are they now? Must be in their sixties I would have thought.

Although, they surely won't be any shitter than The Lancashire Hotpots will they?

Just for you :)

I admit I find the Gallacher styled 'todayyyy' quite funny

Edited by madthatter

They were pretty shite but occasionally funny - but, like with Alf Garnett, a lot of their fans didn't get the surely thin irony of ditties like 'Feed Your Face'.

Anyway, anything they did was usurped by the charmingly named Anal Cunt and songs like 'Women: Nature's Punching Bag', 'Eazy E was given AIDS by Freddy Mercury' and 'You Robbed a Sperm Bank'...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Anal cunt much like Macc Lads were the source of much hilarity at college.

Proper cringe material now coming from grown adults.

Another one for listening to someones mix tape on a Walkman at school :) 

They were funny in my early teens but would be cringe-worthy now I reckon.

Sweaty Betty and the one about McDonalds and root beer were faves and I still think the title 'No Sheep till Buxton' is genius

• Site Supporter

Come on yer miserable bastards, it's a bit of light hearted entertainment. So what if it's not P.C these days (or any days). Next you'll be up in arms because there are no gender neutral toilets. If you want to be entertained with like minded folk who thought they were a bit of a giggle back in the day, it's well worth the entrance money, nobody is being shoved in the back of a Vauxhall viva and forced to go

Come on yer miserable bastards, it's a bit of light hearted entertainment. So what if it's not P.C these days (or any days). Next you'll be up in arms because there are no gender neutral toilets. If you want to be entertained with like minded folk who thought they were a bit of a giggle back in the day, it's well worth the entrance money, nobody is being shoved in the back of a Vauxhall viva and forced to go

Oh aye, nowt against it - just doubt I'd find it that funny now.  Bit like Chubby Brown :) 

If you went to gigs and that back in the day it would probably be a good laugh

Come on yer miserable bastards, it's a bit of light hearted entertainment. So what if it's not P.C these days (or any days). Next you'll be up in arms because there are no gender neutral toilets. If you want to be entertained with like minded folk who thought they were a bit of a giggle back in the day, it's well worth the entrance money, nobody is being shoved in the back of a Vauxhall viva and forced to go

Well said Dave.

Our country is full of PC assholes who are afraid to admit that they actually still find things entertaining because society says they’re not supposed to.

Sheep.

Edited by captainmed

Well said Dave.

Our country is full of PC assholes who are afraid to admit that they actually still find things entertaining because society says they’re not supposed to.

Sheep.

I think I find the use of 'assholes' instead of 'arseholes' more offensive than any outdated juvenile shite proferred by The Macc Lads.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

Well said Dave.

Sheep.

Except the vast majority of posts on this thread are pro macc lads