Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading Away

burnden

OK, in my humble opinion, we would have got more than 43 points if the team had been picked by a selection of Bolton fans rather than Parky. There is far more to management than team selection obviously, I just think we scrambled enough points when some selections were taken out of his hands due to injuries and madines sale. Just an opinion.

Absolute, unadulterated nonsense. Our best run case with Madine up front. By a mile. And we saved ourselves last day of the season playing Wilbraham that no fan would have picked. Parky did an amazing job with a bunch of lower league players last season. Keeping that lot up was a miracle.

People like Noone who have quality weren’t fit.

I just think we looked organised today, and looked like a solid team,

Reading just passed it about the half way line, whilst we looked dangerous when we attacked.

My only complaint is that we hold on the ball better. As on occasion we’d just lump it just for the sake of it, and just sit way too far deep and invited pressure, when we need to be more economical with the possession.

Once we get Ameobi and Oztumer in there as well, we will have a dangerous team,

Now I want us to twat Brum next week. They’ve had far too much joy in recent years at our ground.

This. We are solid without the ball, dropping deep, frustrating home teams. This suits our back 4 perfectly. At times hard to watch when lumping it aimlessly but Reading never looked like scoring 2nd half.

We had more of the ball 1st half; Vela, Noone and Buckley were in the game more and playing some tidy stuff. Problem being when we lost it we were exposed and they had 2 or 3 clear chances.

Great to see us off to a flyer, a bit of confidence in this league and suddenly every game becomes winable

Edited by ph31

Absolute, unadulterated nonsense. Our best run case with Madine up front. By a mile. And we saved ourselves last day of the season playing Wilbraham that no fan would have picked. Parky did an amazing job with a bunch of lower league players last season. Keeping that lot up was a miracle.

You must be down to salt over Madine by now.

A couple of things really stood out for me yesterday.

Firstly, the players were properly in the zone from the start. When they broke from the line-up before KO they all gathered with Parkin at the side for a final pep talk and then went through their own rituals.  Alnwick was in his own world as he came over towards us to take his position pausing only to clap the fans. It was the same for Beevers/Wheater and the midfield lads. I'd say they have fully bought into PP's plan.  

Secondly, all the subs had an impact and knew what was expected.  I was critical of the O'Neil signing but he made many interceptions and blocks during his 15 minute cameo just when we needed that calming influence.  Our midfield has it's limitations but they are a hard working unit and perfect for a game like yesterday.

We have to be a bit more expansive at home and I think at least two of Oztumer, Donaldson, Wildshut should start on Wednesday.  The two away wins have given us the platform to play more and I hope that we can take it up a notch with the two home games this week.

Wilbraham did fuck all until Alf came on. Absolutely ridiculous decision starting him which very nearly didn’t work.

I'd have Oztumer for Murphy, & Ameobi ( when fit ) for Buckley for a home game where we might need to break a team down because  Oz's ability to run with the ball & Ameobi's unpredictability would give us different options.

That said, i'm completely happy to trust Parky's judgement.

Wilbraham did fuck all until Alf came on. Absolutely ridiculous decision starting him which very nearly didn’t work.

Wow. Using ALF as an impact sub and having a target up front worked.

We played better first half because we had a presence up front. It worked well. Should have been in front at half time.

Ultimately Parky kept a bunch of misfits up. With a half decent team now he seems to be able to take us further forward. Why anyone would question him is beyond me.

I'd have Oztumer for Murphy, & Ameobi ( when fit ) for Buckley for a home game where we might need to break a team down because  Oz's ability to run with the ball & Ameobi's unpredictability would give us different options.

That said, i'm completely happy to trust Parky's judgement.

Surely, you could pick a better team yourself?!

• Site Supporter

OK, in my humble opinion, we would have got more than 43 points if the team had been picked by a selection of Bolton fans rather than Parky. There is far more to management than team selection obviously, I just think we scrambled enough points when some selections were taken out of his hands due to injuries and madines sale. Just an opinion.

In my humble opinion you’re a complete weapon

He had a goal disallowed and 2 or 3 good chances with headers.

Do you mean apart from those ?

Buckley should be used at absolute desperate times only

Buckley is the Raheem Sterling of our team. Not in any footballing sense but he is the player some of our support have decided to pick on.

It was a spot in the squad that needed filling after Darren Pratley’s departure.