Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

artificial grass

Smiley

• Members
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Taking the plunge and finally getting rid of the traditional grass lawn. 

Looking for some advice - how often will the artificial needs cutting?

Depends how much of it you wish to smoke.

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Taking the plunge and finally getting rid of the traditional grass lawn. 

Looking for some advice - how often will the artificial needs cutting?

I detest plastic grass. It's a botox trout pout on a nice looking girl. It's a wig on a bald man. It's a scorpion tattoo on a neck. It's coloured stone cladding on a house. Its mutton dressed as lamb.

Keep the grass. I'll come round and cut it for you.

It appeals to those who live in the North and are fed-up of having a soaking wet patch of lawn that you tend to walk around - spend a couple of months a year mowing another couple getting rid of the weeds.... and then its out of bounds for most of autumn and winter. Sadly its lost its appeal in that format.

I've seen the future. Its plastic.

I hoover mine once in the spring and again If we're having a bbq. 

We had a concrete back yard, cost me £250 for some new cheap fake grass on ebay and about 80 for some used sports pitch underlay. 

Best money I've ever spent as we can now use the back yard. You can tell the difference in quality between my £250 and my dad's £3500 grass though. 

Had it for a few years, it's ace. Our garden is north facing, so in the winter it never seemed to dry out, and the dog was always tramping loads of mud into the house. Not any more though, it's great. We spent a decent amount on some good quality stuff and it looks really good, almost like the real thing.... Apart from the fact its a bit too perfect looking.

• Members
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Had it for a few years, it's ace. Our garden is north facing, so in the winter it never seemed to dry out, and the dog was always tramping loads of mud into the house. Not any more though, it's great. We spent a decent amount on some good quality stuff and it looks really good, almost like the real thing.... Apart from the fact its a bit too perfect looking.

Aye, if there is a downside, that's the only one.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

A mate of mine fitted BSA's artificial lawn and he told me another chap paid £30k to have his 'lawn' fitted!

Greener Lawns Artificial Grass is doing ours. Think he's done a few lads off here. Big mate of Fengster from Tonge Moor. Also whipped out our old (5 years - 5 fuckin years) paving and redoing that - in a limestone black - should look the dogs bollocks...... or EMO, one or the other! Raised bed being created as well - think that's getting filled with slate. Job done.

And then its onto replacing the conifers with laurels..... over to TMGJ for that one - possibly. Fuck me established laurels don't come cheap - but got to say they look far better than shitty conifers.