Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Random social media stuff

Zico

Twitter/Threads, are people staying, going or running both? Neither?

I've come off twitter as an interactive user (and feel much better for it) but still go on to view certain news/football/podcast etc accounts I'm interested in. All I've seen on there today is #GoodybeTwitter.

If Threads doesn't have that mind melting For You function then I may be tempted.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've come off twitter as an interactive user (and feel much better for it) but still go on to view certain news/football/podcast etc accounts I'm interested in. All I've seen on there today is #GoodybeTwitter.

If Threads doesn't have that mind melting For You function then I may be tempted.

Threads doesn't appear in my google play store. Not sure why. Maybe my phone is too old.

Edit: It is there actually. I was mistaking it for an unofficial thing because it looks shite.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Truth Social is where it's at

40 minutes ago, Traf said:

The car driver...

I began nearly went down the rabbit hole on this by clicking the link and reading some of the comments... before closing it down and remembering why I came off there in the first place!

That copy and paste response the cyclist uses about 3rd party video reporting and "the sense of paranoia eats away at you" to people criticising him makes my fucking skin crawl.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

What? In Turkey? What a weird thing to do.

It’s a weird state of affairs all round.

Grown men with families and houses and pensions and jobs will travel to Glasgow and pretend to enjoy scotch football, but really it’s a chance to sing songs about catholics/Protestants and align themselves with a political skipful of dog dirt.

Theyre fighting a battle that only exists in their heads.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

It might not really be too random a social media thing because you see Timothy Spall in that thing on BBC1 the other day turning in an award winning performance and then you see this the day after doing something equally as remarkable.

Years after, i discovered he wasnt from the black country

What a character and what an actor