Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Extinction people

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

Was jezza arguing with her message though, or perhaps her manner?

Or was it just a continuation of his decades long image of knocking eco folk as part of the package the series offered. 

First I've heard to be honest. Not worth bothering about too much either way.

• Members
15 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Definitely agree with most of what you're saying. There are other child activists who are directly protesting about how climate change is affecting them now. Through being kicked off their land to make way for coal mines (even by British based companies) or water scarcity and soil erosion. Yet it is a priviledged teengager from Sweeden who gets all the plaudits. Still, I admire what she has achieved and at least she is raising huge awareness and engaging young people. And to be be fair, she has said- "I'm one of the lucky ones, people are suffering, people are dying, entire econsystems are collapsing". 

As much as I loved Top Gear, I thought it was hilarious last week when Jezza Clarkson, a man who once punched someone for getting his food order wrong, called Greta Thunberg a spoilt brat. It just goes to show the lengths people go to when they can't argue with her message. 

Let's imagine a world 30 years down the line where we live in carbon neutral economy with better respect for nature. I don't think we'll make it. But if we do. It will be the likes of Greta that take their place in history alongside the scientist and technological inovators. 

Always liked Clarkson. Once again, he is spot on.

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Always liked Clarkson. Once again, he is spot on.

The fellas a cracking entertainer but I can't agree with him on this one. Governments and industry have been continuing to destroy our planet at an alarming rate in the past 30 years. Despite clear evidence that they are causing irreversible damage. Why shouldn't a 16 year year old, from any background, feel angry and anxious about this? Jezza said she should be grateful for what we've given her. She's clearly said that she is one of the lucky ones but she has every right to feel pissed off. 

In simpler terms:
97% of Scientists- Our ecosystems are collpasing and we are facing social & financial collapse if we don't make significant changes asa fucking p.
Young people- You need to do more to protect our future. We want to make these changes.                                          Jeremy- Shut up you spoilt, hypocritical brats. You should be grateful for what you have. 

Go on Jezza 👏What a legend. 

Thank fuck his daughter completely disagrees with him. His wife must be a snowflake. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

The fellas a cracking entertainer but I can't agree with him on this one. Governments and industry have been continuing to destroy our planet at an alarming rate in the past 30 years. Despite clear evidence that they are causing irreversible damage. Why shouldn't a 16 year year old, from any background, feel angry and anxious about this? Jezza said she should be grateful for what we've given her. She's clearly said that she is one of the lucky ones but she has every right to feel pissed off. 

In simpler terms:
97% of Scientists- Our ecosystems are collpasing and we are facing social & financial collapse if we don't make significant changes asa fucking p.
Young people- You need to do more to protect our future. We want to make these changes.                                          Jeremy- Shut up you spoilt, hypocritical brats. You should be grateful for what you have. 

Go on Jezza 👏What a legend. 

Thank fuck his daughter completely disagrees with him. His wife must be a snowflake. 

Clarkson just says shite for a reaction....

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Daft idea that's going to alienate people. 

Looks a bit brutal mind - doesn't take long for the mob mentality to kick in!

"far too young and clever"

12 minutes ago, L/H White said:

I don't condone violence but that's great to see. 

We look like a third world country. We'd laugh if these scenes were from elsewhere. Utterly embarrassing and a stain on us. Those people on the platform and on the train roof - all of them are a disgrace. 

Whilst I understand these people wanting to protest, stopping normal everyday people going about their business isn't the right way forward.

Pissing off Joe Public doesn't get you any support. These commuters hate their commute, early start, packed over-priced trains etc etc : don't make their day any worse than it already is.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Get him down? Aye, absolutely.

Kick the shit out of him? Nah

Agree Mick.

A couple of well hards aiming a sneaky boot then fucking off. Watch the chap with the grey hoodie.

Would be much better to drag the cunts off and hand him to the security/police.

As for the protesters- well fucking hell. A commuter train, presumably electric, taking hundreds of people off the roads.

What do these nobs want?

I wonder how many drove or took public transport to their point of protest.

Shot themselves in the foot big time.

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Carlos said:

The lad goes to climb up and he stamps on his head? Fuck it, it's on. Well deserved shoeing.

Now then, if the BBC had shown the clip linked by boby, as in the full bit, then it would be different.

You're right, I've changed my mind, he aims a stamp on the fellas head and therefore can't complain if he gets lamped.

No need for the snide grey hoodie man, but if the protestor wants to give it, he needs to be prepared to take it.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket