Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Why is everyone else’s better than ours? We always boast about how good our medical professionals are Yet now they’re doing what they’re paid to do people with no experience are doubting them.

Wasting 

your

breath 

mate 

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Why is everyone else’s better than ours? We always boast about how good our medical professionals are Yet now they’re doing what they’re paid to do people with no experience are doubting them.

Not saying it is. I’m asking the question. But the current weight of global opinion certainly isn’t on our side. 

Like I said earlier, it’s a very British approach. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I hope they are right. It just seems to me, that every fucker else is doing things we aren't and there isn't much justification being offered to us. Why?

Maybe though, they realise the NHS just cannot cope and this is the best way to ride it out?

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

On that note I’ve got some Vaseline she can have / will need 

Haha cheers pal, always caring.

Our Maude is a doc, but In the research side of it all, today has been the first time she’s been worried since it has happened

26 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I do my grandmas weekly shopping for the heavy items she can’t carry, she asked us to get her toilet roll because they didn’t have any in Aldi, Asda or Tesco. 80 year old woman can’t get a roll of toilet roll, insanity. 

Took the 90yr old grandma in law to do her big shop yesterday. She got everything she needed but her pasta to go with her Lloyd Grossman sauce. She didn't fancy wholemeal organic spaghetti and that's all that was left.

She was worried they didn't have her Harry Ramsdens mushy peas but they'd just moved shelf.

No bog roll, tinned veg, pasta, Dettol or hand soap (that wasn't the expensive £5 a bottle stuff) in the place. Madness.

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Haha cheers pal, always caring.

Our Maude is a doc, but In the research side of it all, today has been the first time she’s been worried since it has happened

I just hope people don’t suffer too much. That goes for everyone and anyone. Not a nice time this and we all need to rally round and make sure everyone is ok 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I hope they are right. It just seems to me, that every fucker else is doing things we aren't and there isn't much justification being offered to us. Why?

Maybe though, they realise the NHS just cannot cope and this is the best way to ride it out?

Did you see the broadcast after yesterday's cobra meeting?

Loads on the news since.

A heep of information about why they are doing it this way.

Plus, closing more stuff down hasn't been ruled out- just not yet.

• Members

Let's say they extend the footy season into June or whenever 

What happens to players on loan or maybe agreed a transfer elsewhere, do they stay on loan or go back and potentially play for their parent club again? 

If you're say Bournemouth who have that Wilson on loan from Liverpool, who looks decent and could make a difference to them staying up, but goes back to Liverpool as per the length of the loan yet they would have played him in more matches in an ordinary season 

Then postponing the euros till next year means delaying the start of next season to give players a rest, which then means either extending that season so pushing back the Euros again or asking prem teams to play more matches a week and we know they don't like that 

53 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Surely you can compare with other countries once all the dust settles?

I think that’s when we’ll know

• The topic was pinned
39 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Just loook at the news and the papers, esp the news conference and the interview this morning with Patrick Vallance

Each country needs to tackle it differently based on a huge number of things 

Namely hospital capacity and current rate of infection 

I’m happy with what we are doing thus far, you have to trust the experts, that’s not to say that ours are right and others are wrong. 

The likes of PL and EFL have decided to can fixtures mainly because they represent their members, the clubs, the consensus was that they don’t want to play football

I fully agree 

27 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Took the 90yr old grandma in law to do her big shop yesterday. She got everything she needed but her pasta to go with her Lloyd Grossman sauce. She didn't fancy wholemeal organic spaghetti and that's all that was left.

She was worried they didn't have her Harry Ramsdens mushy peas but they'd just moved shelf.

No bog roll, tinned veg, pasta, Dettol or hand soap (that wasn't the expensive £5 a bottle stuff) in the place. Madness.

Get to coop. Loads of pasta, pay a few p more than the supermarket. 

Got limits on hand wash and bog roll though I've just seen. 

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

People are always going to be cynical about this decision

What someone said about BJ talking about losing loved ones and the Irish guy talking about saving lives, and that link i posted about letting pensioners die to save money

The thing is though, we don't have to follow his advice

The very next day league football has been cancelled for a month

A few more cases this weekend and i reckon schools will start shutting next week

It's here and its going to massively damage society and the economy

No one can hide

And it won't be a competition to see who has the lowest death rate

But you can be sure this decision will be blasted come the end, no matter what

10 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Let's say they extend the footy season into June or whenever 

What happens to players on loan or maybe agreed a transfer elsewhere, do they stay on loan or go back and potentially play for their parent club again? 

If you're say Bournemouth who have that Wilson on loan from Liverpool, who looks decent and could make a difference to them staying up, but goes back to Liverpool as per the length of the loan yet they would have played him in more matches in an ordinary season 

Then postponing the euros till next year means delaying the start of next season to give players a rest, which then means either extending that season so pushing back the Euros again or asking prem teams to play more matches a week and we know they don't like that 

Currently the season finishes on 3rd May 

IF no more called off then things can be caught up in May no problem before contracts expire 

9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Right end of week NHS update. 

We're now basically on a war footing. Amazing how such a big organisation has managed to mobilise so quickly.

Focus has immediately turned to CV in place of non urgent care. People from all quarters volunteering to help where they can - including non clinicians being trained up to perform some safe clinical procedures (like blood pressure for example), to free up staff with other skills to use them more effectively.

Amazing to see it all come together. Just hoping we can cope with demand from the critically ill as things progress. 

Keep up the good work mate, we’re all behind you lot on the front line 

Any idea when your expecting the floodgates to open 

9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Right end of week NHS update. 

We're now basically on a war footing. Amazing how such a big organisation has managed to mobilise so quickly.

Focus has immediately turned to CV in place of non urgent care. People from all quarters volunteering to help where they can - including non clinicians being trained up to perform some safe clinical procedures (like blood pressure for example), to free up staff with other skills to use them more effectively.

Amazing to see it all come together. Just hoping we can cope with demand from the critically ill as things progress. 

Thanks for the update, Kent