Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Currently the season finishes on 3rd May 

IF no more called off then things can be caught up in May no problem before contracts expire 

Cloud cuckoo land that thinking 

According to the experts May will be the beginning of the peak 

If a ball is kicked before August then I will show my arse 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Right end of week NHS update. 

We're now basically on a war footing. Amazing how such a big organisation has managed to mobilise so quickly.

Focus has immediately turned to CV in place of non urgent care. People from all quarters volunteering to help where they can - including non clinicians being trained up to perform some safe clinical procedures (like blood pressure for example), to free up staff with other skills to use them more effectively.

Amazing to see it all come together. Just hoping we can cope with demand from the critically ill as things progress. 

Not all heroes wear capes. Some are still recovering from the 90’s

• Members
15 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Currently the season finishes on 3rd May 

IF no more called off then things can be caught up in May no problem before contracts expire 

There's no chance this season is finishing on 3rd May 

Then there's champs league and Europa to factor in  and what is happening in different countries 

7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

There's no chance this season is finishing on 3rd May 

Then there's champs league and Europa to factor in  and what is happening in different countries 

No I’m not saying finishing 3rd 

I mean there’s flex to extend till end of May for the football league anyway 

• Members
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Aye but if you loan a player till the end of the season the agreement will be till the 4th May let's say then he returns to the parent club as under normal circumstances that's when the end of the season would be, though you might get extra for play offs 

If games are having to be played in June which is very much a possibility, especially with talk of postponing the euros, teams could lose key players when ordinarily they would have played for them or parent teams benefitting from having an extra player when normally he wouldn't have been available 

25 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Keep up the good work mate, we’re all behind you lot on the front line 

Any idea when your expecting the floodgates to open 

Thanks Birch. Honestly - best wishes are a massive morale boost for us all at the moment. If you know anyone working in healthcare - give them a nudge - they'll appreciate it.

I've spent the day fitting volunteers with PP masks ready for direct contact with CV patients or suspected cases. It was like a conveyor belt. Proper proud of folk.

No idea when the floodgates will open - think everyone is hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Everyone's going to need to chip in if this gets really bad - NHS and the public. 

We can do it though! 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Aye but if you loan a player till the end of the season the agreement will be till the 4th May let's say then he returns to the parent club as under normal circumstances that's when the end of the season would be, though you might get extra for play offs 

If games are having to be played in June which is very much a possibility, especially with talk of postponing the euros, teams could lose key players when ordinarily they would have played for them or parent teams benefitting from having an extra player when normally he wouldn't have been available 

I think ultimately as we enter unprecedented waters, everyone is going to have to come together and pitch in

Bin the Euros off till next summer, bin off the nations league and let all teams finish the season on the same parameters they were on when the season came to a halt

No doubt agents will have other ideas and motives like

20 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sky reporting that behind closed doors premier league officials have said they think it’s very unlikely season will finish. I really cannot see how it can. 

• Members

New season should be starting in August so when will that be pushed back to?

Then you need an off season, with a transfer window. 
New laws and changes need to be implemented.

Europa/CL qualification games need to start. It’s a big big mess. If the season getting canned and all teams remain in the current condition certain teams won’t be happy with that. Could have the remainder of games behind closed door, but I think it’s underestimated how many people it takes to still operate a PL game without fans

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Shit season anyway, cancel it, start again from sratch next season, all this seasons results counted nil and void, and that Accy Stanley 1-7 never happened 😁

If it’s cancelled are you still a closet red?

20 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Thanks Birch. Honestly - best wishes are a massive morale boost for us all at the moment. If you know anyone working in healthcare - give them a nudge - they'll appreciate it.

I've spent the day fitting volunteers with PP masks ready for direct contact with CV patients or suspected cases. It was like a conveyor belt. Proper proud of folk.

No idea when the floodgates will open - think everyone is hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Everyone's going to need to chip in if this gets really bad - NHS and the public. 

We can do it though! 

Hang on a minute Kent.

Folk wearing Phil Parkinson masks ? Surely that'll keep folk away from them 😉😊

Well done on the good work pal, though we now expect updates on the hour and every hour, no slacking now.

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Right end of week NHS update. 

We're now basically on a war footing. Amazing how such a big organisation has managed to mobilise so quickly.

Focus has immediately turned to CV in place of non urgent care. People from all quarters volunteering to help where they can - including non clinicians being trained up to perform some safe clinical procedures (like blood pressure for example), to free up staff with other skills to use them more effectively.

Amazing to see it all come together. Just hoping we can cope with demand from the critically ill as things progress. 

Some amazing people in the NHS and cope they will, they need the whole country  and the government to back them to the hilt and I’m sure they will. Let’s hope it’s a fraction of the cases and deaths we’ve seen in Italy. Good luck Kent and best wishes to all NHS staff. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If that’s the case what do you do take tables as they are now?

Not a chance 

Those in the bottom three as things stand would never accept it. Nor would those on the fringes of champs league or Europa 

If they said no relegation from the prem then the likes of west brom and Leeds would never accept it. They won't make the prem bigger by allowing them up with no relegation counter balance especially as the season could be shorter with more matches 

Then there's the knock on effect into league one etc

33 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Exactly it would kick off 

I think people are getting carried away and presuming 

Anyone kicking off about the league table in the current climate needs their head testing 

If 60% of the worlds population get the virus (conservative estimate) and 1% die from it, then your looking at 50m dead, same as WW2! Those numbers would see 380k die in the U.K. 

A 19th title for Liverpool or not is the least of everyone’s worries