Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

24 minutes ago, Morizio said:

the wealth has already been created for a few

surely this pandemic is a good enough reason for some of that wealth to be shared equitably 

if they don’t, then the question to be asked is ‘of what use are they?’

The problem we have is that most people want to be wealthier, most don't want to be poorer. We don't realise how well off we already are in the UK, most of us live in a bubble where we compare our wealth against our neighbours, friends and colleagues - not saying I'm any different, I think it's human nature to do so.

have a look at this see how wealthy this model thinks you are compare to he rest of the world 

https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/get-involved/how-rich-am-i/

Edited by peelyfeet

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Last year or so I have been learning Spanish with a woman who teaches Spanish players/coaches English. She’s really good and I’m fluent enough in it to speak to my colleagues in Spanish. I was going to use this time off to learn another language but instead I’m going to learn sign language. 
There’s a lady at work who’s really lovely and she signs and I only know the basics so I’m hoping to surprise her with a conversation when I go back with my new acquired skills. 
I’ve also found out my daughters friend at nursery is deaf so I’m going to learn it with my daughter so she can interact more with her when she goes back. 

we got our little one into baby sign language classes when she was less than one

for ages I thought it was pointless

then one day it all clicked and she's been able to communicate with us long before she was able to form words, and now, it makes understanding her all the easier as she signs whilst she attempts words

all helped along by Justin and Mr Tumble

best baby class by a mile

• Members
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

we got our little one into baby sign language classes when she was less than one

for ages I thought it was pointless

then one day it all clicked and she's been able to communicate with us long before she was able to form words, and now, it makes understanding her all the easier as she signs whilst she attempts words

all helped along by Justin and Mr Tumble

best baby class by a mile

Yeah I missed the classes but the wife took her to that and said it was good. Shes a paediatric doctor and she’s been pushing for all Paediatric doctors to be fluent in it, it’s fallen on deaf ears in terms of getting them to fund it but I think it’s essential in that line of work 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Silly boy then jack 

not condoning however if nobody was injured and he gets fined by the club then an apology and donation will be enough imo 

Ah but didn't he swipe two parked cars?

Then did a runner.

If he did then he's in the shit for leaving the scene of an accident etc.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Ah but didn't he swipe two parked cars?

Then did a runner.

If he did then he's in the shit for leaving the scene of an accident etc.

he didn't do a runner as such, he told everyone he'd happily pay for all the damage, left his details, then walked home in odd slippers

Jack Grealish was seen talking to onlookers while wearing one black slipper and a white slip-on sandal

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

he didn't do a runner as such, he told everyone he'd happily pay for all the damage, left his details, then walked home in odd slippers

Jack Grealish was seen talking to onlookers while wearing one black slipper and a white slip-on sandal

Diane Abbott had the other.

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Let them die eh?

You're right it is about priorities. Not fucking politics.

Was it about politics when the Tory party cheered and clapped as they ensured nurses pay was frozen? 

We need to review how we are creating a society with such economic disparity. Not in a way of lowering people's aspirations but of raising what people expect a nurse or a doctor or a soldier or a policeman to be paid. And how we want to treat vital public services in the future. That's how priorities need re-evaluating. I'm fairly sure they will be. 

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Was it about politics when the Tory party cheered and clapped as they ensured nurses pay was frozen? 

We need to review how we are creating a society with such economic disparity. Not in a way of lowering people's aspirations but of raising what people expect a nurse or a doctor or a soldier or a policeman to be paid. And how we want to treat vital public services in the future. That's how priorities need re-evaluating. I'm fairly sure they will be. 

You have to factor in the fact that all the above get a good pension once they retire, millions of hardworking folk in other sectors don’t, the above staff have an option to move into other sectors if they wish, some do some dont I’d guess many of the above are happy with their lot. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

45 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’ll not be taking lessons in economics from you.

Edited by boltondiver