Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

I can see them pulling the christmas rules but the issue is many people have already planned stuff.

I also think they shouldn't be dropping any tiers, seems pointless at this stage in the game.

The theatre folks are not happy - what the issue is, its not like opening a pub, takes so much planning - the panto at the palladium is going to lose millions now. Its not a tap you can just switch on and off easily.

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Then these people can’t moan about deaths or if a loved one gets ill. 

To be fair, there hasn’t been much moaning about deaths of relatives 

34 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The theatre folks are not happy - what the issue is, its not like opening a pub, takes so much planning - the panto at the palladium is going to lose millions now. Its not a tap you can just switch on and off easily.

Oh no they are not. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

After working non stop in and out of schools since March and my Mrs being a respiratory nurse working on a high risk covid ward,  We've finally caught the fucking thing.... Surprised it's taken so long tbh. 

I find it odd we both have different symptoms. I've no cough or breathing difficulty... Just a high temp 38.6 and my body feels like it's been hit by a bus. Can't taste nowt either.

Anyone else on here had it?

There are a few of us on here had it. I had a cough and felt like I had been run over. The missus also felt the same but a high temp with no cough.

It has played havoc with my asthma though, I have always managed it well but since Covid I am wheezing like a 40 a day smoker.

33 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Then these people can’t moan about deaths or if a loved one gets ill. 

the thing is not one person gives a shit about it until it enters their close circle. Too many people know someone who has only had a cough for a few days. That is human nature 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Yes

and it was no way frustrating? if not, fair enough that you/they could take it on the chin

I know some, and in each case, it more than likely could've been avoided if it had been done properly from the beginning - the main issue being having no choice but to send covid free folk into hospital is basically a death sentence if they are in anyway vulnerable or have underlying conditions, but not that which mean they'd die soon anyway (which I suspect covers most of the dead)

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Can me the Mrs and the sprog go to the in-laws then to my parents on Christmas Day with family members doing the same thing?

No. A maximum of 3 families can mix at all over the Christmas period. What you are suggesting would mean at least 4 households interacting.

• Moderators
Just now, Rudy said:

Can me the Mrs and the sprog go to the in-laws then to my parents on Christmas Day with family members doing the same thing?

if you want

guidelines to me suggest not, as there's more than 3 households in the equation

aunty is doing similar - she's got 3 kids with partners coming round (which is allowed as one is in her child care support bubble...)

but 2 of them, including child care couple, are also seeing their in laws on the same day - if their in laws do the same etc, it's asking for "trouble", IMO

• Members
4 minutes ago, wiggy said:

No. A maximum of 3 families can mix at all over the Christmas period. What you are suggesting would mean at least 4 households interacting.

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

if you want

guidelines to me suggest not, as there's more than 3 households in the equation

aunty is doing similar - she's got 3 kids with partners coming round (which is allowed as one is in her child care support bubble...)

but 2 of them, including child care couple, are also seeing their in laws on the same day - if their in laws do the same etc, it's asking for "trouble", IMO

So what you’re saying is I can start drinking at 10am in my gaff not worry about having to drive anywhere or see family members who I don’t really like.

Good job I’m a law abiding upstanding citizen 

My folks are coming down so just two households, but they'll be driving here and then driving back - a walk here or there but not much going out etc

And as I've just been tested and came back negative, the eldest will be out of her isolation period (oddly her mum, stepdad and two sisters came back with a negative result) I'm hoping we'll be pretty much ok.

Had been thinking about Christmas dinner at my parents’ house. Would have been just them plus me, wife and 2 kids. We’ve decided not to do anything. Cases are rising around us including positive tests at the kids’ school. Not worth the risk. 

A colleague of mine (early 60s) is going to his parents’ for Xmas. Obviously, the parents are elderly and he won’t take any risks. He has started a period of isolation now, so that he knows he won’t be able to catch it and pass it on to then when he sees them.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Rudy said:

So what you’re saying is I can start drinking at 10am in my gaff not worry about having to drive anywhere or see family members who I don’t really like.

Good job I’m a law abiding upstanding citizen 

aye, though I'd have a spliff at 10.30am to ensure you're not fit to drive

Just me And the missus Xmas day. She’s going to collect and drop off gifts on Xmas eve at her mums and then that’s it and same on Boxing Day. I have suggested she could go to her mums Boxing Day but she’s not keen sadly. 

I will see my mum next week for a Xmas dinner with her and that’s it.