Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just tried to post two pictures from todays news but couldn't do it. (is there a guide of how to do it somewhere?)

Gist of the story is Government considering splitting London up so only some places go into Tier 3 but won't consider it elsewhere. Saw on the Daily mail website as I was browsing all the news outlets with my morning brew. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9047079/Tier-3-inflict-catastrophic-damage-London-Tory-MPs-warn.html 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9048037/Hopes-rural-areas-decoupled-neighbouring-Covid-hotspots-dashed-Matt-Hancock.html 

Not a fan of the Daily mail in general but they do seem to get government leaks before other news outlets.....

Edited by Andybarm

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Andybarm said:

Just tried to post two pictures from todays news but couldn't do it. (is there a guide of how to do it somewhere?)

Gist of the story is Government considering splitting London up so only some places go into Tier 3 but won't consider it elsewhere. Saw on the Daily mail website as I was browsing all the news outlets with my morning brew. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9047079/Tier-3-inflict-catastrophic-damage-London-Tory-MPs-warn.html 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9048037/Hopes-rural-areas-decoupled-neighbouring-Covid-hotspots-dashed-Matt-Hancock.html 

Not a fan of the Daily mail in general but they do seem to get government leaks before other news outlets.....

Be interesting to see how they stop folk from tier 3 going into 2, given the tube network on top of other transport, it's not happening. 

That said, doubt there's much stopping us nipping into scouse land.

• Site Supporter
Just now, bolton va va said:

They should have tazered him. (i would be interested to know if he was genuinely exempt though )

They would be better employed catching real criminals... too much like hard work though. They should be tazered until they actually have the intelligence to learn & understand what laws the are trying to enforce. 

6 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

They would be better employed catching real criminals... too much like hard work though. They should be tazered until they actually have the intelligence to learn & understand what laws the are trying to enforce. 

On this one, my sympathy is with the police, they seemed to be asking reasonably & politely for proof of his exemption & i've no time for these people who will not wear a mask in shops. 

Then that pretend they can't wear a mask, can they not wear one of them face shield things instead?

If for some reason you can't wear one, then sorry its tough shit, you just have to stay home until you can work out a way of going out, or get friends or family to do your shopping

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

On this one, my sympathy is with the police, they seemed to be asking reasonably & politely for proof of his exemption & i've no time for these people who will not wear a mask in shops. 

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Then that pretend they can't wear a mask, can they not wear one of them face shield things instead?

If for some reason you can't wear one, then sorry its tough shit, you just have to stay home until you can work out a way of going out, or get friends or family to do your shopping

Completely agree

Shoot, then ask questions

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I'm asking you reasonably & politely but if you decline (as is your right) I will arrest you even though I have no legal right to... I've no time for grooming gangs, murderers & rapists but our wonderful police force can't be arsed bothering with them. 80,000 crimes uninvestigated by GMP last year & a lack of manpower is cited yet 3 cars full turn up to a street party in Wigan where covid rules were followed & was in aid of the local hospice! 

• Site Supporter

How anybody can defend someone in authority who says he's following Govt guidelines then is shown them in black & white & he is proved to be wrong but still arrests someone is beyond belief. Same copper arrests an innocent bame person & suddenly he's seen as the fascist that he actually is. 

• Site Supporter

Agree that if you’re to Ill to wear a mask then you really shouldn’t be out shopping; either for the good of your own or everyone else’s health. 

The print-your-own exemption certificate on the government’s own website simply gives anyone and everyone a get out of jail free card with no real exemption reason required. Maybe such exemptions ought to be granted by a medical professional.

If a cop’s job for the day is to demand proof that such exemptions are justified then he really ought to know which legislative area covers this. Even if he printed out such details and taped them to the inside cover of his big notebook.

Seems that the council officer started off siding with the non-mask wearer but quickly got pissed off with the situation and decided he really needs to be seen to be siding with the cop.

Edited by MickyD
Fat thumbs

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

And you'd cry like a baby if  Yorkshire Police smashed your skull if you just happened to be caught up in the wrong place when it kicked off in Barnsley or the like. 

If they said

Oi, dickhead, stop playing the cunt, id have a choice to make

18 hours ago, Sweep said:

I said the other day, we're in T2 here, most pubs and a lot of restaurants haven't bothered to open, it's just not worth it, as you still can't mix households in said pubs/restaurants, it's a massive waste of time. So even if you go to T2, it might not make a great deal of difference

Correct, I mean I have been out for a couple of meals but its hardly made any difference.  

Mrs gor her result back negative today, still waiting for mine but no symptoms still. 

• Site Supporter

8 years ago Rod Liddle - who yesterday had an article published in which he criticised teachers unions for their stance during the pandemic - said in The Spectator that the only reason he didn't become a teacher is that he wouldn't be able to stop himself from "trying to shag the kids". What the fuck?

Edited by Cheese

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

8 years ago Rod Liddle - who yesterday had an article published in which he criticised teachers - said in The Spectator that the only reason he didn't become a teacher is that he wouldn't be able to stop himself from "trying to shag the kids". What the fuck?

Shouldn’t this be in another thread? Politics maybe. Just because it says COVID in the headline. Totally irrelevant. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

8 years ago Rod Liddle - who yesterday had an article published in which he criticised teachers - said in The Spectator that the only reason he didn't become a teacher is that he wouldn't be able to stop himself from "trying to shag the kids". What the fuck?

These things still surprise you? (genuine question btw).... this is the real pandemic & it truly is scary. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Shouldn’t this be in another thread? Politics maybe. Just because it says COVID in the headline. Totally irrelevant. 

Probably. The article that was published yesterday was about how teachers have behaved during the pandemic though.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

It can be in all the threads for me. Children around the world being abused & killed on an obscene scale but we are all having our attention directed to a bad strain of flu & the likes of BLM & Rainbow laces. Let's take a knee for the thousands of kids that go missing every year in this country never to be seen again. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

These things still surprise you? (genuine question btw).... this is the real pandemic & it truly is scary. 

Yes, I am geniunely surprised that The Spectator published a piece in which he admitted to being a paedophile. I'm amazed it has taken 8 years for it to come to the wider attention of the public, and he's still writing for The Sunday Times and The Sun.