Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hoover recommendations

Rudy

Who's dumping a Dyson? Take it to Bolton Hospice Shop instead, it's less bother than the tip...

Who wants a new one? There's a Vax in the backstreet behind Sue's Chippy - I can't vouch that it's a runner but it hasn't rained for days so it'll be dry enough, I reckon a new fuse or belt and you're away...

• Members
On 27/04/2020 at 09:55, Youri McAnespie said:

Who's dumping a Dyson? Take it to Bolton Hospice Shop instead, it's less bother than the tip...

Who wants a new one? There's a Vax in the backstreet behind Sue's Chippy - I can't vouch that it's a runner but it hasn't rained for days so it'll be dry enough, I reckon a new fuse or belt and you're away...

What were you doing behind Sues Chippy?

Well I wasn't eating chips and gravy as she's shut...

Nor was I hanging around waiting for 'the man' (to collect class a, b or c's off some grubby little scumbag)...

I sometimes cut down the back on my pushiron as Rishton Lane/Fletcher Street is literally a death alley for cyclists/pedestrians.

On 26/04/2020 at 14:14, frank_spencer said:

Almost as if the move to cheap labour coincided with the drop in quality.

Don't mind paying a premium for quality but when the product is getting crap it's not worth it.

My Mum's DC01 lasted for bloody ages. I dropped it down the stairs and it clipped back together and ran straight away no worries.

No idea what her current model is but it's always breaking.

My mum has one, it's about 20 years old. Its fecking heavy, built like a Sherman tank, but still does the job...

She has it serviced very 5 years or so from some place in Horwich. They come & collect.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Be careful, anthropomorphising household appliances is a slippery slope and could have very disturbing consequences. I was saying the same to my friend Henry just the other day. Have I told you about Henry?

there is a cracking gif of Henry snorting a line of talc, no idea how to add it on here

• 3 years later...

Boring drag-up-a-WWs-thread-from-the-past-update.

Getting rid of my cordless Dyson. It wont hold a charge anymore. And when it did I couldn't get enough running time out of it before I had to bang it back on to the plug again. I won't lie, I was expecting better things from it.  I'm going for a good old fashion hardwired Vax vacuum now. It will do me.

Up yours Dyson🖕

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Boring drag-up-a-WWs-thread-from-the-past-update.

Getting rid of my cordless Dyson. It wont hold a charge anymore. And when it did I couldn't get enough running time out of it before I had to bang it back on to the plug again. I won't lie, I was expecting better things from it.  I'm going for a good old fashion hardwired Vax vacuum now. It will do me.

Up yours Dyson🖕

Cordless vacs are absolute shite after the novelty wears off. A wired Henry is the pinnacle of vacuum cleaners.

Edited by Cheese