Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iles just tweeted.

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, e2e4 said:

the chicksen fuck off were bad, other weird stuff. came off as wacky. 

surprised a ping pong table didnt get dusted down. 

might have done better had he stuck with chicksen and them instead of going on about "not good enough" and other crap i cant remember now. 

I thought Chicksen got skinned time and again. Poor defensively but reasonable going forward.

He was probably cheap too and more than adequate knowing Bunney wasn’t too far away either.

If we had beaten Accrington and done better over Christmas, I would have seen sense in trying to get better than Chicksen but by the time Rochdale beat us, we were doomed

Looks like a salary cap will be imposed for the season 20/21. Clubs are to vote on putting a salary cap of £2.5m for lge 1, and £1.25m for lge 2. Also squads reduced to 22. In other words bringing clubs down to what Bolton work currently with.

1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

Looks like a salary cap will be imposed for the season 20/21. Clubs are to vote on putting a salary cap of £2.5m for lge 1, and £1.25m for lge 2. Also squads reduced to 22. In other words bringing clubs down to what Bolton work currently with.

Then no doubt other clubs will want us to run with 19 players and a £750k cap in L2 or a £1.75m cap in L1

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I thought Chicksen got skinned time and again. Poor defensively but reasonable going forward.

He was probably cheap too and more than adequate knowing Bunney wasn’t too far away either.

If we had beaten Accrington and done better over Christmas, I would have seen sense in trying to get better than Chicksen but by the time Rochdale beat us, we were doomed

Yes he was ok going forward but a liability defensively..

7 hours ago, masi 51 said:

That would be great news for us, a great leveller, with us attracting the better players because of our 'potential'.  Then when we're out of embargo and a big fish in a small pond, its crap news for us, a great leveller.

5 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Yes he was ok going forward but a liability defensively..

That's very harsh.  Got beat a few times, also won loads of challenges.  I'm struggling to think of the last BW fullback that wasnt a bit of a liability defensively, going back to Alonso.  Ream probably our best left back in recent teams but he was also too weak.  (Looks terrible at centre back for Fulham, cant believe they've still got him with their wealth).

21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcIles/status/1263865631608274944

looks like the bassini loving krank was way off the mark and bullshitting 

although he’s now saying some very weird shit circulating and he’s going to take a step back from it. That doesn’t sound good whatsoever 

I think what he is saying is that loads of rumours going around that he ain't getting involved with, and leave it to everyone to get on with it.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcIles/status/1263865631608274944

looks like the bassini loving krank was way off the mark and bullshitting 

although he’s now saying some very weird shit circulating and he’s going to take a step back from it. That doesn’t sound good whatsoever 

She wants pulling into the office her

1 hour ago, TroySwoosh said:

Think she got binned after the Bassini debacle

So why is she acting like she’s ITK the stupid cunt if she’s not even working there.  

that’s not a dig at you by the way I know your just pointing out stuff 

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I can't believe anybody expects anything worth reading ever comes from Iles... Unless it's decorating tips you're after. 

Bit harsh... 

He's also a biscuit connoisseur on deadline day. 

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Get off the fence Esco

He’s got to be, out of any journalist associated with Any club, kept in the dark more than any other. I don’t know if it’s incompetency that they are scared to give him a story in case he runs off in the wrong direction with it or if he’s just pissed off too many folk since he’s been here that the first thing anyone through the doors says is don’t speak to Iles.