Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Top Gear

Winchester White

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, jeep said:

Is tonight's episode worth watching?

I reckon I've only watched a handful of TG in total, definitely none with Freddie & Paddy (and I like them two).....

Always enjoyed it until Matt Leblanc came on board. Went wank and barely watched it.

They've now got three presents who work well together, like the first 3 did. PM is very much the big character who pulls it all together. 

March the 5th though, a time of innocence.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They've now got three presents who work well together, like the first 3 did. PM is very much the big character who pulls it all together. 

Angela Rippon?

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Haven't seriously watched top gear since it used to be a half hour show on a Thursday night.

Used to be decent then and a proper motoring magazine show that eased you towards a weekend.

Seen some of the later stuff on Dave and its just a few blokes entertaining themselves.

Went off it for the same reason and started watching that Channel 5 show Fifth Gear.

Got back into Top Gear though and must admit it's quite good, but don't ever expect it to be a proper motoring magazine.

Just buy a magazine or watch you tube for that.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Went off it for the same reason and started watching that Channel 5 show Fifth Gear.

Got back into Top Gear though and must admit it's quite good, but don't ever expect it to be a proper motoring magazine.

Just buy a magazine or watch you tube for that.

It’s an entertainment show where they drive cars it’s prided itself on not showing consumer advice

Some great vlogger channels on cars 

Normal?

Chris Harris is there because he's a motoring journalist, Paddy is a household name from various TV shows and was half of one of TVs most popular double acts in recent years and Freddie was part of the legendary Ashes team.

More like the Beeb chasing popularity.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Traf said:

Normal?

Chris Harris is there because he's a motoring journalist, Paddy is a household name from various TV shows and was half of one of TVs most popular double acts in recent years and Freddie was part of the legendary Ashes team.

More like the Beeb chasing popularity.

Decent viewing figures and no doubt huge money to be made from selling overseas, just like they did previously. Can't blame them really, especially with funding changes.

• Members

Top gear lost its way toward the last few seasons of the Clarkson era.

It felt very scripted and forced. The jokes and the pranks at one time felt natural.

Grand Tour had spots of brilliance but then some utter shite. I enjoy TG now with these three 

51 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Didn't know people were anti-paddy? Seems like a really good bloke to me, certainly everyone I've spoken to likes him, used to work with someone who knew him well and thought he was great,  plus hes a wanderer.

And a Lancastrian

Edited by boltondiver

• Members
5 hours ago, Ghana White said:

plus hes a wanderer.

Hmmm, debatable.

He was on a podcast a while back and wasn't even remotely aware of the original White Hot night.

Anyway, regardless of that he's a local lad who has done very well for himself.  Plenty of folk seem to revel in knocking him for only being a success due to being Peter Kay's mate.  So fucking what.  I wish I'd been mates with Peter Kay.

14 hours ago, e2e4 said:

theres summat about that chris harris thats off putting. 

can imagine him throwing a lewis hamilton wobbler over some bullshit . 

He’s not a Lancastrian 

• Moderators
On 06/10/2020 at 13:52, DazBob said:

Hmmm, debatable.

He was on a podcast a while back and wasn't even remotely aware of the original White Hot night.

Anyway, regardless of that he's a local lad who has done very well for himself.  Plenty of folk seem to revel in knocking him for only being a success due to being Peter Kay's mate.  So fucking what.  I wish I'd been mates with Peter Kay.

he's probably a fan like Vernon is, he does support BWFC, and occasionally goes to a couple of local games a season when he gets the chance, but he couldn't name half the players we've had since our PL days

Paddy did a stand up at the Sportsman Dinner back in whenever, definitely came across as one

but then got Stubbs and McAteer mixed up on Twitter in a way that made him look clueless

i.e. not hardcore, but doesn't support anyone else

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

he's probably a fan like Vernon is, he does support BWFC, and occasionally goes to a couple of local games a season when he gets the chance, but he couldn't name half the players we've had since our PL days

Paddy did a stand up at the Sportsman Dinner back in whenever, definitely came across as one

but then got Stubbs and McAteer mixed up on Twitter in a way that made him look clueless

i.e. not hardcore, but doesn't support anyone else

Always got the impression that Vernon Kay was a ‘proper’ fan, last saw him at Wycombe away last year and he probably knew as many of the side as I did that day.

Paddy totally different, either fairly clueless about BWFC or football in general. Don’t hold it against him though, don’t generally watch anything he presents but seems a decent bloke to me.