Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Bolton v Newcastle U21s


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep up the winning mentality, that we as a club have lost.

I’d actually say it’s impossible not to

I still maintain that Assarsson is a great name

Spent my tenner on Bolton ressies v Geordie u21s but quite enjoyed that so allowed my opinion;

Crellin - enough said already.  Poor at near post, no man's land for second, flapper, not good enough

Greenidge - big lad solid in the tackle but headless chicken with the ball at his feet and no awareness

Taft - solid and a bit like Delaney but less awareness around him

Mascoll - never a left back. Lacks pace and will never beat anyone.  Same up top but scored

Hickman - does averagely ok and willing to get forward

White - had high hopes but has gone backward to being slow and shite

Comley - winds me up this bloke.  Slow, predictable and scares the shit out of me every time he gets the ball.  If you want the ball, which is fair enough, get it in the right area and look to progress rather than an easy backwards pass that slows down any momentum and pisses off every fan watching and your teammates.  Closing on Crellin for the biggest liability

Gordon - tries his hardest and looked better at left back but poor

Darcy - first time he stood out for me in a game.  I know it was against Newcastle U21 but if he can replicate that in a competitive match then all good.  Big ask though

Miller - didn't see much of him

Isgrove - first 45 I couldn't tell him from Darcy but he did ok without anything too penetrating

Henry - don't think he touched it

Gnahoua - does ok but runs a bit, no Eoin 

Thomason - the bright spark.  Something about this lad that will hopefully impact on he first team

That's it.  Back to the booze to celebrate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thorpey said:

Spent my tenner on Bolton ressies v Geordie u21s but quite enjoyed that so allowed my opinion;

Crellin - enough said already.  Poor at near post, no man's land for second, flapper, not good enough

Greenidge - big lad solid in the tackle but headless chicken with the ball at his feet and no awareness

Taft - solid and a bit like Delaney but less awareness around him

Mascoll - never a left back. Lacks pace and will never beat anyone.  Same up top but scored

Hickman - does averagely ok and willing to get forward

White - had high hopes but has gone backward to being slow and shite

Comley - winds me up this bloke.  Slow, predictable and scares the shit out of me every time he gets the ball.  If you want the ball, which is fair enough, get it in the right area and look to progress rather than an easy backwards pass that slows down any momentum and pisses off every fan watching and your teammates.  Closing on Crellin for the biggest liability

Gordon - tries his hardest and looked better at left back but poor

Darcy - first time he stood out for me in a game.  I know it was against Newcastle U21 but if he can replicate that in a competitive match then all good.  Big ask though

Miller - didn't see much of him

Isgrove - first 45 I couldn't tell him from Darcy but he did ok without anything too penetrating

Henry - don't think he touched it

Gnahoua - does ok but runs a bit, no Eoin 

Thomason - the bright spark.  Something about this lad that will hopefully impact on he first team

That's it.  Back to the booze to celebrate.

Let's see how this compares to Mr Iles at the BEN 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What the fuck do I know probably why I’m still at work and not a coach😀

He’s very ungainly in his running style and perhaps why he’s not at first glance someone you’d pick out, but he looks decent on the ball, strong in the tackle and covers the ground, long way to go but a bright start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent my tenner too , thoroughly enjoyable game .
2-0 down due to a few cock ups in a dead rubber ...trying too hard.

Played some lovely stuff at times  and scored 3 goals to win 3-2  happy days .

Greenidge is a beast but when he piles forward he left Taft to answer for everything ala Mark fish  , Darcy looked the part ...
NoHairhaha was impressive again and worth a start .
Playing to instructions that didnt suit the majority but at least they are trying ....need to be allowed to put foot thru ball at times ...Its Div 4 after all .

Good game , pretty happy and a bit squiffy !

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

 Ba tonight, but seen the goalsfolk have posted

Nowt to add, other than a couple of thoughts on the first goal

If comley quickly moves it to a white shirt, then its a good ball from crellin as about 3 of theirs are out of the picture

But, anyway, after the fuck up, should greenidge not be killing himself to get back to the danger

He may not have managed,  but surely you try

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thorpey said:

Spent my tenner on Bolton ressies v Geordie u21s but quite enjoyed that so allowed my opinion;

Crellin - enough said already.  Poor at near post, no man's land for second, flapper, not good enough

Greenidge - big lad solid in the tackle but headless chicken with the ball at his feet and no awareness

Taft - solid and a bit like Delaney but less awareness around him

Mascoll - never a left back. Lacks pace and will never beat anyone.  Same up top but scored

Hickman - does averagely ok and willing to get forward

White - had high hopes but has gone backward to being slow and shite

Comley - winds me up this bloke.  Slow, predictable and scares the shit out of me every time he gets the ball.  If you want the ball, which is fair enough, get it in the right area and look to progress rather than an easy backwards pass that slows down any momentum and pisses off every fan watching and your teammates.  Closing on Crellin for the biggest liability

Gordon - tries his hardest and looked better at left back but poor

Darcy - first time he stood out for me in a game.  I know it was against Newcastle U21 but if he can replicate that in a competitive match then all good.  Big ask though

Miller - didn't see much of him

Isgrove - first 45 I couldn't tell him from Darcy but he did ok without anything too penetrating

Henry - don't think he touched it

Gnahoua - does ok but runs a bit, no Eoin 

Thomason - the bright spark.  Something about this lad that will hopefully impact on he first team

That's it.  Back to the booze to celebrate.

Spot on summary.

Just one question - Who is Henry ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is that most of these players get hardly any game time to iron out faults without a u-23s.

For instance, Crellin lacking confidence has a fault that he gets too facing the attacker when the cross comes in which means that he can't cover his far post or he has to run backwards very quickly.

And the Seniors and Rileys of this world barely start a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Their first goal was exactly the sort of ball Ter Stegen does to Busquets several times a game (not comparing player quality just that scenario)  it looked like Comley had had enough time and space to play a pass to White who had Greenidge in space if needed.

 

BC still shouldn't be beaten by that shot at his front post so easily though. Positionally poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crellins body language is so poor and his confidence must be at an all time low. Just seen the goals and after the 1st one is conceded Comley just jogs away, the keeper should be giving him pelters or he Comley should be giving it to him but not a word is exchanged. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Trouble is that most of these players get hardly any game time to iron out faults without a u-23s.

For instance, Crellin lacking confidence has a fault that he gets too facing the attacker when the cross comes in which means that he can't cover his far post or he has to run backwards very quickly.

And the Seniors and Rileys of this world barely start a game.

I think senior not getting in the pitch yesterday will see the end of him at BWFC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both players at fault as explained fully by others, but its also IEs fault because its obviously a tactic.  You see those cock ups every single week in much higher divisions and you cant just blame the players and leave it at that, its poor from the manager to allow it, and the further down the leagues you go its even worse because they are less likely to have the ability to do it.  It beggars belief we try it, even more so when Comley is the player receiving the ball but it could equally have been White,  Greenidge, Baptiste etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thorpey said:

Spent my tenner on Bolton ressies v Geordie u21s but quite enjoyed that so allowed my opinion;

Crellin - enough said already.  Poor at near post, no man's land for second, flapper, not good enough

Greenidge - big lad solid in the tackle but headless chicken with the ball at his feet and no awareness

Taft - solid and a bit like Delaney but less awareness around him

Mascoll - never a left back. Lacks pace and will never beat anyone.  Same up top but scored

Hickman - does averagely ok and willing to get forward

White - had high hopes but has gone backward to being slow and shite

Comley - winds me up this bloke.  Slow, predictable and scares the shit out of me every time he gets the ball.  If you want the ball, which is fair enough, get it in the right area and look to progress rather than an easy backwards pass that slows down any momentum and pisses off every fan watching and your teammates.  Closing on Crellin for the biggest liability

Gordon - tries his hardest and looked better at left back but poor

Darcy - first time he stood out for me in a game.  I know it was against Newcastle U21 but if he can replicate that in a competitive match then all good.  Big ask though

Miller - didn't see much of him

Isgrove - first 45 I couldn't tell him from Darcy but he did ok without anything too penetrating

Henry - don't think he touched it

Gnahoua - does ok but runs a bit, no Eoin 

Thomason - the bright spark.  Something about this lad that will hopefully impact on he first team

That's it.  Back to the booze to celebrate.

Thanks, its good to read a balanced considered summary, positives and negatives that aren't affected by the result.

On Mascoll, he was supposed to be pacy!  Now that we know he's slow, there's literally no point him being in the squad.

White - if he's gone backwards that suggests he was ever any good.  He wasn't. The only 'regular' that I've never seen do anything I couldn't do myself (20 years ago).  Even Comley has done the occasional strong tackle.  We're bringing in young unproven non league players on loan and loaning out better one's (Sonny Graham definitely, maybe Thomasson but only going off others' comments).

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Both players at fault as explained fully by others, but its also IEs fault because its obviously a tactic.  You see those cock ups every single week in much higher divisions and you cant just blame the players and leave it at that, its poor from the manager to allow it, and the further down the leagues you go its even worse because they are less likely to have the ability to do it.  It beggars belief we try it, even more so when Comley is the player receiving the ball but it could equally have been White,  Greenidge, Baptiste etc.

I'm skeptical of the tactic myself, but how did he manage it at Barrow if it can't be done in the lower leagues?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Thanks, its good to read a balanced considered summary, positives and negatives that aren't affected by the result.

On Mascoll, he was supposed to be pacy!  Now that we know he's slow, there's literally no point him being in the squad.

White - if he's gone backwards that suggests he was ever any good.  He wasn't. The only 'regular' that I've never seen do anything I couldn't do myself (20 years ago).  Even Comley has done the occasional strong tackle.  We're bringing in young unproven non league players on loan and loaning out better one's (Sonny Graham definitely, maybe Thomasson but only going off others' comments).

Sonny Graham isn't better than White.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.