Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trampmere (H)

Steejay

Weak on the wings with no spine down the middle and cannot adapt, just like Port Vale again.Hill knew this and went for it. 

In my opinion a better team and manager won.

Don't know how long I can stand this, what keeps me going is that we are still alive and Ken Anderson can go and fuck off.

Too many tarts in this squad, we desperately need a couple of battlers and nasty fuckers, especially in midfield to address our weaknesses, pretty sure Evatt knows what we need in January and mid table at the end of the season wouldn't be a disaster imo, especially with all the turmoil we've been through, just glad to still be supporting my team.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

IE's way of playing included high pressing, closing down the opposition quickly iirc... Doyle tries, Delfounso barely moves & Crawford runs around like a dog chasing a ball but backs off if he gets near it, the rest either plod around slowly or commit at the wrong time. 

Today was a shambles, Jones & Brockbank as wing backs will not work, though Jones looked much better when he moved to the right. I'd like to see us go 4-5-1 as Doyle is virtually up front on his own anyway... It'd mean sacrificing Delfounso but must be worth a try. 

Agree with much of that.

Didn't think Jones did too bad in the context of the overall performance. Gets forward and puts crosses in but can't be in two places at once. Isgrove just didn't seem to have the stomach. 

I've thought for a while that without Tutte, fonz dropped and maybe Darcy in. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's joint seventh with four, and hasn't been credited with an assist for weeks.

There isn't just one answer to our problems, but the thing with Darcy is that he has a first touch that's better than anyone else in our squad. That at least might help us get forward quicker. It's fucking infuriating to watch us lose opportunities because we're too slow, or just lose possession.

Fonz's control and touch was like that of a garage door today.

Crawford played well with a runner like Dodoo in front of him. He isn't a runner himself and not a tackler.

Looking at the game today, we've gone back miles since Keith Hill was manager. Evatt's bawling on the side lines doesn't help.

Tobias knew when to do a different type of runner and I'm afraid FV more especially Sharon are out of their depth.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree with much of that.

Didn't think Jones did too bad in the context of the overall performance. Gets forward and puts crosses in but can't be in two places at once. Isgrove just didn't seem to have the stomach. 

I've thought for a while that without Tutte, fonz dropped and maybe Darcy in. 

Isgrove looked shagged out when the camera was  on him.

Agree Darcy... his pass and move is what is needed, the current troops are acting like the robotic marker pens and stickers on a tactic board, they do what they are told then stand still... GET ALIVE (sorry to shout)

• Site Supporter
Just now, passmosster said:

Crawford played well with a runner like Dodoo in front of him. He isn't a runner himself and not a tackler.

Looking at the game today, we've gone back miles since Keith Hill was manager. Evatt's bawling on the side lines doesn't help.

Tobias knew when to do a different type of runner and I'm afraid FV more especially Sharon are out of their depth.

Ask the staff if they think FV are out of their depth.

Its not like they've money to throw around nor permission to do so.

Coming in when they did, they've worked miracles to get the club on an even keel. More important than the football initially. 

Chino talked himself out of a job, and too soon to judge on IE. 

Another spineless performance.

And to that bolton born munchen balloon - and fucking Tranmere.

Midfield inept - they walked through us - come back Spearing all is forgiven, you can even get off your tits in Ibiza midseason.

It's not working - they're not good enough to play that way.

A team of giants who can't put their head in either end of the pitch.

Adapt and play to strengths.

Not fucking rocket science - 3 yard passes a fucking 70 year old walking footballer could make.

Midfield is atrocious.

Dicked by fucking Tranmere at home. Any bookings for us?

Give him more time but please don't say we've been sold another pup.

Get Anewman and Mounts and other lads up to Lostock. Shit them up.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Apart from a couple of away goals I’ve been very disappointed overall with S.

He ain’t a leader on the pitch and his overall play has been average at best.

Those things combined means he shouldn’t be captain.

We couldn't find a captain between the lot of them on that criteria. 

3 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Ah that’s subjective 

we were awful today but didn’t get tonked

see, you say we look so far short, I’d say we don’t look far off at all; we don’t get outclassed; we concede shite. 4 shots on target against us today - 3 were goals including a weird pen and a megs that threw the keeper. Now we weren’t unlucky as we were bobbins but a goal first  20 for example and we reverse it and win by 3 for me.

small margins etc 

I thought you'd been a pro Jules? Fucking useless asking players with the brain of a rocking horse and the demeanour of John Inman to play like Gazza, Cruyff, Pele and Bergkamp.

Keep it simple - not hoofball but midfield further up - no tippy tappy. It's division 4 ffs. Wingbacks must have a fucking brain.

Can you imagine if Covid hadn't happened - it'd have been toxic.

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'd say he was very very pissed off, but it's becoming an all to familiar post-match interview.

He's still the right man, he just hasn't got the right players in.... yet. 

Gotta be quality over quantity in January.

I reckon we'll know if he's the right man if he does get the right types of players into the right positions,and moulds what he's got by the end of Jan into a unit that climbs the table through the Spring, in the manner of that season under Freedman.

Square pegs in square holes and a big injection of bollocks required sharpish, and some evidence Evatt is prepared to compromise and find different ways to win a game of football

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ani said:

I think the thing that was especially shit today was the number of simple 5 yard passes that went straight to them. Under no pressure whatsoever. 

To be fair, even in the first ten minutes easy passes were being put straight to the boots of a purple shirt. You know, those first ten minutes which were arguably our best spell of the game.

49 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

IHe's still the right man, he just hasn't got the right players in.... yet. 

Gotta be quality over quantity in January.

This is where I'm at too. 

He's had one transfer window so far... that he possibly wasn't in control of. Got to keep the faith and hope he does the right things in January.

Ultimately, what other option is there??

8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

This is where I'm at too. 

He's had one transfer window so far... that he possibly wasn't in control of. Got to keep the faith and hope he does the right things in January.

Ultimately, what other option is there??

It doesn't take a couple of transfer windows to look organised and to maximise the ability of the resources available surely?  Whether us lot are pro-Evatt, anti-Evatt are not arsed either way, I defy anyone to say he's got the most from this squad so far.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, passmosster said:

I know I’ve had a few and I am prone to typos/misspellings but I really don’t understand this post...

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It doesn't take a couple of transfer windows to look organised and to maximise the ability of the resources available surely?  Whether us lot are pro-Evatt, anti-Evatt are not arsed either way, I defy anyone to say he's got the most from this squad so far.

This is exactly where I am....

After letting this catastrophe digest I think I am now mentally in a better place to relay my considered thoughts.

That was fucking embarrassing. Losing to PV last week was a summer picnic in a flowered meadow compared to this twatting feast. Ive not seen IE post match interview but I can guess the way it went. This orchestra is only as good as its conductor. OK, the odd player might have a nightmare game every now and again. But shipping 9 goals in the last two homes tells me that the nightmare is coming from our very own Andre Previn.

Wankbollox!

Edited by Underpants