Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

• Members
6 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I think IE is a member on here, bit of lurker but if he reads this I’m sure he will take note 🤪

If MJ Williams lurks, the offer still stands, promotion and I will lick your face

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

The 4 of Santos, Baptiste, MJ and Lee are better than anything in the league which is why we are solid and gives us the platform to win games

Agreed, but add John to that list. And Dapo.  And Doyle.  That's 7 at least that walk into any other team in the league.  Which is great, but does make you wonder if we could be better, given that the other 3 outfield players (Jones, Fonz, Thomason or Isgrove) would get into most teams too, and no other team can boast our subs bench surely. 

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

In denial? 11 wins in 13 longest unbeaten run in country nothing to deny as far as im concerned 

The run we are on is fantastic but all I’m saying is we’ve not half rode our luck in some games. Luckily the lack of goals has only cost us against Bradford 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Max Cherry said:

In denial? 11 wins in 13 longest unbeaten run in country nothing to deny as far as im concerned 

Thing is, if he read match day threads regularly, he'd see that generally, the feeling is that our final ball isn't as good as it could be and we should make more use of our opportunities. Even Evatt has said so.

However, we now have a far stronger defence, control the games better, and are scoring at a reasonable rate without being prolific.

Vast majority aren't in denial at all- we're aware of room for improvement, but can see the level we're now at and how effective it is.

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

The run we are on is fantastic but all I’m saying is we’ve not half rode our luck in some games. Luckily the lack of goals has only cost us against Bradford 

Think they know exactly what they are doing, playing well within themselves, rightly so, not expending unnecessary energy. When we need to up our game they’ll be more in the tank. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thing is, if he read match day threads regularly, he'd see that generally, the feeling is that our final ball isn't as good as it could be and we should make more use of our opportunities. Even Evatt has said so.

However, we now have a far stronger defence, control the games better, and are scoring at a reasonable rate without being prolific.

Vast majority aren't in denial at all- we're aware of room for improvement, but can see the level we're now at and how effective it is.

A tad passive aggressive that sir 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think they know exactly what they are doing, playing well within themselves, rightly so, not expending unnecessary energy. When we need to up our game they’ll be more in the tank. 

I hope so. We need to get out of this league ASAP 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We can’t go direct because we don’t have a hold up CF, Evatt has already said that opposition would love it if we played direct as Doyle wouldn’t have a chance against 2 big CH stumps. We’re playing the perfect system for the players we have. 

It has to be that way with the players that start, I feel like we're missing a trick not using Arthur as more of a battering ram.  Its not as if he's limited to just being a Madine type, he's got more skill and pace than that, I'd be more than happy with him up front for Doyle to play off, as with the late goals v Barrow, Cheltenham and Southend without which we'd be 7th.  Put another way, if I was the opposition I wouldn't be happy if I was faced with those 2.

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

I hope so. We need to get out of this league ASAP 

Just riding our luck right to top of the league 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It has to be that way with the players that start, I feel like we're missing a trick not using Arthur as more of a battering ram.  Its not as if he's limited to just being a Madine type, he's got more skill and pace than that, I'd be more than happy with him up front for Doyle to play off, as with the late goals v Barrow, Cheltenham and Southend without which we'd be 7th.  Put another way, if I was the opposition I wouldn't be happy if I was faced with those 2.

Arthur nothing like a madine type, never a battering ram type in any way shape or form.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Arthur nothing like a madine type, never a battering ram type in any way shape or form.

Just mean he's our most physical forward player.  Agreed he's not there to flick on headers and bully the opposition.  He's got more to his game than that.  Battering ram was the wrong phrase, just someone to win some of those balls that Doyle usually cant compete for, and to offer another outlet when we're trying to break, as for most of today's game.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just mean he's our most physical forward player.  Agreed he's not there to flick on headers and bully the opposition.  He's got more to his game than that.  Battering ram was the wrong phrase, just someone to win some of those balls that Doyle usually cant compete for, and to offer another outlet when we're trying to break, as for most of today's game.

We've moved on mate. We're not that sort of side any more.