Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

5 hours ago, Zico said:

That's 4 years old

Do folk think Starmer is anti semetic or something?

I don't see how they could. Just last week He was on Nick Ferrari's show condoning Israel's potential war crimes. 

Quite a few Labour Councillors resigned as a result

Edited by deeane Koontz

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

We haven’t had a GE since, so as current as it can be.

Starmer? No, but I would expect that there is still plenty in the Labour Party.

At the risk of sounding a bit Royal White, do you have a link to back that up?

Its what we do on here, sorry.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, globaldiver said:

No, that’s why I used “expect”, rather than fact. As ever, happy to be proved wrong.

Whilst I agree

You have to be careful on here, the sharks will call you out for speculation.

Its not allowed.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

I’m always surprised how few Jewish people there are in the UK. 

my old boss was jewish - when I started working with him he was based on a business park in Bury, where pretty much every office was a jewish led business

was funny watching how they go about there business, basically cock waving as to who was the most succesful

he used to say "jews have big noses because fresh air is free"

due to the numbers of jewish folk based there, you'd get the orhthox lads from whitefield and prestwich rocking up once a week to do there preaching

they would come in the offices and mither everyone, all the jews based there hated it but i loved chatting with them about the jewish faith, they could turn any conversation into religion

*knocks on door*

boss "hello, what do you want?"

them "can we come in for a chat"

boss "i'm really busy"

them "what are you doing?"

boss "writing an email"

them "if you think about it, saying a prayer is like writing an email to god"

etc

my cousin also married a jewish girl a few years ago, great day, best wedding i've ever been to, they know how to throw a party, they did their homework before hand and everyone got one of them jewish hats in the colour of their football team, nice touch

never had any issues with jewish folk

i still think Netanyahu's Israel are massive cunts and no better than Hamas in how they go about their business 

They say hamas are a terrorist organisation (which they are) that use the Palestinian people as a shield 

This Israel do the same, but use anti semitism as a shield

and I'm sure all the Jews I've come across above would go mental if I told them that, but it's nothing personal

3 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

He’s got me on ignore these days it seems. Bless.

Looking back it also seems that saying “Free Palestine” & “Have a blessed day” on the tube now mean you’re spreading hate. 

Well, according to Laurence Fox. 

Must be exhausting to believe all this shite. Grown men living in constant fear over teddies & hijabs. 

Laurence Fox is deranged, but surely nobody wants/needs their train drivers offering political opinions over the tannoy?

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Zico said:

my old boss was jewish - when I started working with him he was based on a business park in Bury, where pretty much every office was a jewish led business

was funny watching how they go about there business, basically cock waving as to who was the most succesful

he used to say "jews have big noses because fresh air is free"

due to the numbers of jewish folk based there, you'd get the orhthox lads from whitefield and prestwich rocking up once a week to do there preaching

they would come in the offices and mither everyone, all the jews based there hated it but i loved chatting with them about the jewish faith, they could turn any conversation into religion

*knocks on door*

boss "hello, what do you want?"

them "can we come in for a chat"

boss "i'm really busy"

them "what are you doing?"

boss "writing an email"

them "if you think about it, saying a prayer is like writing an email to god"

etc

my cousin also married a jewish girl a few years ago, great day, best wedding i've ever been to, they know how to throw a party, they did their homework before hand and everyone got one of them jewish hats in the colour of their football team, nice touch

never had any issues with jewish folk

i still think Netanyahu's Israel are massive cunts and no better than Hamas in how they go about their business

and I'm sure all the Jews I've come across above would go mental if I told them that, but it's nothing personal

I deal with a business in Prestwich. They’re orthodox lads running a plumbing business and 99% of their customers are the Jewish community.

To say they have a high opinion of their own business credentials would be an understatement. I had 4 of them surrounding me in a little office once, all telling me I needed to drop my prices so they increase their sales across manchester.

I told them no problem, increase orders from 10 a month to 250 and off we go.

They couldn’t usher me out of the place quick enough after that.

Nice enough bunch, but Jewish opticians must surely be some of the wealthiest people in the world.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, globaldiver said:

We haven’t had a GE since, so as current as it can be.

as you said to me last week

"That tells us nothing, gives no answer to the question."

I don't even know what the question is

but it's as irrelevant to the current situation as it can be, other than being about jews

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

It does though. It can mean the struggle within oneself for betterment - the greater Jihad and there is the lesser Jihad.

The contemporary reading of Jihad has really no basis in Islamic teaching ie that of a 'Holy War' - it literally means 'struggle' (and is mainly the stugglew within (that is the greater Jihad) but the contemporary reading has been taken by many (Muslims included) to mean war and only that.

So, as the police have to investigate, they also have to investigate it's meaning and context - as you can't just lock someone up for shouting a word unless that is relating to racial hatred. And any decent lawyer would point out the different meaning, despite what populist rhetoric the home secretary is coming out with.

This isn't a defence of using would could be racially sensenstive at a time of highened tensions. Its just explaining why the police have a job to do, and that pushing this sort of discourse doesn't help.

The police know exactly what the context was, any other section of the general public would have been jumped all over.  utterly pathetic police force.