Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If parents can be fines for taking kids out of school, then surely teachers will be for doing likewise?

Should their positions not be at risk for not doing their job? Certainly should be going through the disciplinary process.

Imagine if we did start sacking teachers, there's a massive shortage already isn't there?  - which is probably why they feel like they can do what they want

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

ridiculous - I'm still not sure, why there was even a vote on a "ceasefire" in the HoC - it's not as if either side over there is going to down weapons, just because some MPs think they should.

It's a massive waste of time - just like the Ukraine/Russia war - stop supporting either side, stop giving them aid, and leave them to it. No matter what anybody says, both conflicts will still be rumbling on, one way or another, for decades

Still don't know why we are so pro-Israel after they directly funded the Argentine invasion of the Falklands and provided all of their military hardware and even IDF personnel for the campaign.

Well, I do know actually.... $$

• Members
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

even though your wonderful lot have been in charge for the last 13 of them? :)

Nice try. My wonderful lot would have been to the right of the current incumbents - certainly over the last couple of years.

Your lot will enjoy a brief honeymoon period next year before the inevitable shit shower. It's just the way things are in politics these days - all around the world. 

Time for a benevolent dictator.

I'm busy.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Imagine if we did start sacking teachers, there's a massive shortage already isn't there?  - which is probably why they feel like they can do what they want

Maybe. But if that is the case, then it's all the more reason to bear down on them.

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

It’s your future pal. Embrace it.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe you have a different view of the role of a teacher.

Reap what you sow.

13 years of austerity and cuts to school funding. Lack of support staff. Lack of pastoral teachers and councillors. Overcrowded classrooms and buildings literally crumbling. I’ve 33 this year in a tiny portacabin. And a mental health crisis amongst young people.

But you’re suddenly angry because a hundred kids have bunked off to join a protest. 

Alright then lads 👍

Teachers didn’t organise this strike. They just didn’t prevent the kids going. Which isn’t their job. Would have gone down as an unauthorised absence and it’s for the local authority and headteacher to deal with.

But yes, let’s blame the teachers for “brainwashing” kids 🙈 it’s their fault as always.

I would never tell a child what to think politically, nor would I preach my opinion to them. It’s wrong. Obviously when it comes to bullying, sexist or racist comments we have to step in. 

I’m yet, after 10 years working in schools, to meet a teacher who thinks its okay to preach their own political ideologies to children. Not saying they don’t exist, but the vast majority accept it’s wrong.

Let’s not be rational about this though, otherwise we won’t have a good story and someone to scapegoat.

9 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Nice try. My wonderful lot would have been to the right of the current incumbents - certainly over the last couple of years.

Your lot will enjoy a brief honeymoon period next year before the inevitable shit shower. It's just the way things are in politics these days - all around the world. 

I'm busy.

To the right of Truss and Sunak? Christ. I'm not sure the Conservative party is actually the place for some on this board anymore. 

Just now, London Wanderer said:

13 years of austerity and cuts to school funding. Lack of support staff. Lack of pastoral teachers and councillors. Overcrowded classrooms and buildings literally crumbling. I’ve 33 this year in a tiny portacabin. And a mental health crisis amongst young people.

But you’re suddenly angry because a hundred kids have bunked off to join a protest. 

Alright then lads 👍

Teachers didn’t organise this strike. They just didn’t prevent the kids going. Which isn’t their job. Would have gone down as an unauthorised absence and it’s for the local authority and headteacher to deal with.

But yes, let’s blame the teachers for “brainwashing” kids 🙈 it’s their fault as always.

I would never tell a child what to think politically, nor would I preach my opinion to them. It’s wrong. Obviously when it comes to bullying, sexist or racist comments we have to step in. 

I’m yet, after 10 years working in schools, to meet a teacher who thinks its okay to preach their own political ideologies to children. Not saying they don’t exist, but the vast majority accept it’s wrong.

Let’s not be rational about this though, otherwise we won’t have a good story and someone to scapegoat.

I'm not sure why you bother. I'm not sure I see other folk justifying their jobs, you know what the reality is, some people don't as they haven't done the job and their minds have been made up.

TMGJ is excellent at his job and as given some top advice on gardening etc which I've certainly taken, but by the same token if I want to find out what it's like in the current education system, I'd be best placed to ask and listen to someone who works in it.

Do personally I think kids should be maraching and not in school? Not really, but I also think school's are not just for the cramming of facts but for the broadening of minds - some of which isn't done in a classroom. I've know teachers who are stauchly Left, and many Conservatives - my own father included but as you say, brainwashing kids is something that is said by people who haven't stepped in a classroom since they left school/college/uni themselves as students.

26 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I'm busy.

Nice try...

"My lot" are the Conservative Party, I can see though that this current lot are fucking utterly useless, and it was all started by that cretin Johnson. They need to be removed. I'll be back to them, once they sort themselves out., which may well be another decade or so. I'm happy to admit that I can't vote for them this time, even though generally speaking, I "lean" towards them politically.

Will Labour sort things out? - probably not, but they deserve to be given a chance, as this lot are an absolute shambles 

18 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

My mates wife is a "teaching assistant" at a local village primary school. Due to lack of staff, she's been the actual "full time" teacher since the start of this school year  -  she has no qualifications, and by her own admission has no idea what she's doing - she's basically following a teaching plan given to her by the headmaster. She's decided that she's jacking it in after Christmas, as it's too much stress/hassle for what is a minimum wage job

33 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I'm busy.

Get yourself over to Richard Tice and his merry little band 👍 

With all this talk (not from you) of the "silent majority" (which we all know doesn't actually exist) wanting the country to enact some of the more extreme policies, you'd think they'd piss the next GE  - where as in reality, they won't get more than 2 seats 

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Nothing to see here.

I didn't think the BBC reported stuff like this....

Anyway, find who did it, and stick them in clink for a few months. The "right to protest" obviously has to remain (although I personally wish it didn't) but there have to be stricter caveats to it. Any intimidation or violence, straight to a cell. I'd also go as far as to say no placards and no chanting, but no doubt some softies will be against that.

As @bolty58might say....get the water cannons out :)

47 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I'm busy.

image.jpeg.2c7cd3390535ee0daeed26c2205bbed1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm not sure why you bother. I'm not sure I see other folk justifying their jobs, you know what the reality is, some people don't as they haven't done the job and their minds have been made up.

TMGJ is excellent at his job and as given some top advice on gardening etc which I've certainly taken, but by the same token if I want to find out what it's like in the current education system, I'd be best placed to ask and listen to someone who works in it.

Do personally I think kids should be maraching and not in school? Not really, but I also think school's are not just for the cramming of facts but for the broadening of minds - some of which isn't done in a classroom. I've know teachers who are stauchly Left, and many Conservatives - my own father included but as you say, brainwashing kids is something that is said by people who haven't stepped in a classroom since they left school/college/uni themselves as students.

I don’t know why you bother 😂😂😂😂

Hes spent the last few weeks telling all on here what the Israeli military are doing wrong. 

Edited by royal white

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

My mates wife is a "teaching assistant" at a local village primary school. Due to lack of staff, she's been the actual "full time" teacher since the start of this school year  -  she has no qualifications, and by her own admission has no idea what she's doing - she's basically following a teaching plan given to her by the headmaster. She's decided that she's jacking it in after Christmas, as it's too much stress/hassle for what is a minimum wage job

Christ

But did you hear about those kids who bunked off in London due to aggressive brainwashing by teachers? 🙄

Sorry to hear your mates wife is jacking it in and hasn’t been supported. Shows how desperate things have become that they’ve given her that level of responsibility. It’s not easy teaching in the smaller schools with mixed age classes and you need the experience to do it effectively. I’m sure she did a good job though.

Crisis is the everyday normal in the public sector now

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Aye. 

I agree re the marching, but blaming the teachers is some level of ignorance.

What’s worse is that people perpetuating these myths & isolated stories will then go onto to use stuff like this to influence their vote. Even though they and everyone else knows how much damage the current lot have caused in our education system. They will still give them a tick because they think kids are being brainwashed.

Agree re the knowledge overload. Critical thinking, social skills and practical skills are neglected at the expense of filling kids with knowledge. Children need this knowledge in some areas but there needs to be a balance. Don’t think our curriculum prepares them for life in a modern workplace and companies have been telling us this for years now.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I don’t know why you bother 😂😂😂😂

Hes spent the last few weeks telling all on here what the Israeli military are doing wrong. 

He's been putting a bit of balance rather than just clapping hands at bombing the shit out of Gaza city.

He's also not the only one to suggst the same.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

He's been putting a bit of balance rather than just clapping hands at bombing the shit out of Gaza city.

He's also not the only one to suggst the same.

Then refer back to the first paragraph of your post I replied to. 👍

Edited by royal white

Anyway - as a side grift, I reckon like Tommy Whathisname, there's gold in them there Right wing hills. So welcome to the launch of NiC's 'Right Wing One Stop Shop' Starting with a line of classic T-Shirts that any right-on right wing trend setter would be proud to don whilst giving it the big one down the local 'Spoons.

All money goes into my pocket for future legal fees.

image.thumb.png.fa43e794f59d6bf129be15476ef6c227.png

• Members
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Fucking hell

• Moderators
3 hours ago, boltonboris said:

Still don't know why we are so pro-Israel after they directly funded the Argentine invasion of the Falklands and provided all of their military hardware and even IDF personnel for the campaign.

Well, I do know actually.... $$

Interesting, never knew that

https://www.fiassociation.com/article/672/argentina__military_support_from_israel_in_1982

Newly declassified files from the National Archives in Kew reveal that Israel supplied significant weaponry including strike aircraft to the Argentine Junta in the run-up to, and during, the 1982 conflict. 

The files show that Israel provided, via Peru, air-to-air missiles, missile radar alert systems, and large capacity fuel tanks for the Argentine Skyhawk aircraft, giving them extra defensive capability and air time over the Falkland Islands, during the conflict. Israel also sold a large number of reconditioned Nesher ("Dagger2) fighter jets from the 1970s, the Israeli version of the Dassault Mirage 5 multi-role aircraft, to the Argentines during the period of the Junta (1976-83) together with spare parts and other military materiel. Israeli arms exports to Argentina in this period are estimated to have been around US$1 billion. 

This activity was well known to the UK authorities at the time but officials were pessimistic that the Israelis could be persuaded to stop. UK-Israeli relations were strained over the first Lebanon war and Israel's Prime Minister, Menachem Begin, was no Anglophile. Begin had led the Zionist militant group, Irgun, during the British Mandate in Palestine and had proclaimed a revolt against the British in 1944. The Irgun were responsible for various terrorist acts, including the attack on the King David hotel, killing 91 people. Begin also nursed a real hatred against the British for the execution of his close friend and Irgun collaborator, Dov Gruner, in 1947. Despite a personal intervention from the UK Foreign Secretary, Geoffrey Howe, Begin was also prepared to sell signals intelligence equipment for use on Argentine spy planes. 

bit in bold is about right, and why now it's pointless having votes over here on ceasefires, they aren't going to listen to anyone

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Christ

But did you hear about those kids who bunked off in London due to aggressive brainwashing by teachers? 🙄

Sorry to hear your mates wife is jacking it in and hasn’t been supported. Shows how desperate things have become that they’ve given her that level of responsibility. It’s not easy teaching in the smaller schools with mixed age classes and you need the experience to do it effectively. I’m sure she did a good job though.

Crisis is the everyday normal in the public sector now

There's no money in efficiency! 

12 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I'm busy.

And you’re Australian.