Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Comedians you find funny

Zico

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I always thought Caroline Aherne was a a funny lady, the Royal family of course, but she was also great as Mrs Merton, Chris Eubank hadn't a clue how to take her.

Eubank looks like he got kitted out at stolen from ivor in 1994

3 hours ago, White on Tyne said:

Looking forward to seeing Bill Bailey in December. Always got new original stuff. 
Been lucky enough to work with some genuinely funny guys too. Some people are just funny. 
And then you get Russell Howard…

Not Wussell.............aaawww maaaate, not Wussell..............................maaaaaaaaate!!     (all apologies to Stewart Lee)

• Members
3 hours ago, White on Tyne said:

Looking forward to seeing Bill Bailey in December. Always got new original stuff. 
Been lucky enough to work with some genuinely funny guys too. Some people are just funny. 
And then you get Russell Howard…

Saw him at the Lowry about 10 years ago. Brilliant show.

• Members
On 29/10/2021 at 20:07, Blondi said:

I always thought Caroline Aherne was a a funny lady, the Royal family of course, but she was also great as Mrs Merton, Chris Eubank hadn't a clue how to take her.

She was brilliant. A real perfectionist in her craft. Still a sad loss 

Saw Jason Manford last night, very funny and a good show . 

Just a funny bloke, but not one of those face and sides hurting from laughing shows. 

Funniest I have seen live probably Jim Jeffries who just happened to be the act when we had a works night out to Leeds comedy store about 20 years ago. 

• Site Supporter
On 29/10/2021 at 21:10, Offshore said:

Not Wussell.............aaawww maaaate, not Wussell..............................maaaaaaaaate!!     (all apologies to Stewart Lee)

One of the funniest bits I've ever seen.

• Members
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

One of the funniest bits I've ever seen.

I don’t really get Stuart Lee. I’m no fan of Russell Howard but I just cringe at this I think it’s a bit of an odd attack on another comedian. Different strokes and all that 

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I don’t really get Stuart Lee. I’m no fan of Russell Howard but I just cringe at this I think it’s a bit of an odd attack on another comedian. Different strokes and all that 

I think you'd have to watch one of his full shows to "get it". Stand-alone clips probably don't do him justice. It's all an act of course. But he tells you it's an act while he's doing it. Sometimes directly, but mostly in his performance. He's a fucking genius. A Marmite genius.

The above clip isn't really an attack on Russell Howard. It's taking the piss out of all the young comedians on the circuit who THINK they could be the next Russell Howard...but it's not as simple as that either.

Edited by Cheese

• Members
7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I think you'd have to watch one of his full shows to "get it". Stand-alone clips probably don't do him justice. It's all an act of course. But he tells you it's an act while he's doing it. Sometimes directly, but mostly in his performance. He's a fucking genius. A Marmite genius.

The above clip isn't really an attack on Russell Howard. It's taking the piss out of all the young comedians on the circuit who THINK they could be the next Russell Howard...but it's not as simple as that either.

That’s fair enough 

I hate when other comedians try to be another comedian. You get it at comedy clubs a lot. It’s an art you need to perfect on your own terms 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Rudy said:

one of my favourite bits from in my opinion the best comic on the planet 

He's definitely up there with the best. His Monday Morning podcast was fantastic, but I haven't listened to it in a while. 

Edit: Was just trying to remember why I stopped listening, and I think it coincides with when I started working from home, so no more morning commute.

Edited by Cheese