Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yorkshire County Cricket Club

deane koontz

• Members
14 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Remember Dawn French blackfaced Tanita Tikaram, which albeit dates it as late 80s, does also show that everybody really thought it acceptable.

Tropic thunder was 2008, Robert Downey Jr was nominated for an Oscar when he did his entire role in black face. 

Always Sunny in Philadelphia must have a character in blackface every season and it’s still on tv. 

You can’t celebrate one and ridicule the other. 

It’s still funny today. I’m not one for fancy dress and only time I’ve ever been to one I went black face. 

if I get invited to one again I will go and will go dressed as a Pakistani cricketer masquerading as English . If anyone there is offended by it they can come and tell Me personally. And we can discuss it not an issue. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s still funny today. I’m not one for fancy dress and only time I’ve ever been to one I went black face. 

if I get invited to one again I will go and will go dressed as a Pakistani cricketer masquerading as English . If anyone there is offended by it they can come and tell Me personally. And we can discuss it not an issue. 

I'm going as the incredible hulk

40 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

The only thing offensive by that is the shitness of the joke.

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Presented without comment:

Reading the girls account and her comment about him drinking on the plane. He said he felt forced to drink in the company of his fellow players. He’s obviously lied. How much of his other testimony is false. Anyway, there is other stuff out there about him and his own racist comments about Africans. 

Edited by BobyBrno

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Reading the girls account and her comment about him drinking on the plane. He said he felt forced to drink in the company of his fellow players. He’s obviously lied. How much of his other testimony is false. Anyway, there is other stuff out there about him and his own racist comments about Africans. 

Drinking, gambling, anti semitism & a bit of noncing.... Makes for a reliable testimony 🤔

• Site Supporter

And still people are rallying round him, brushing aside his own misdemeanours and turning it into a racism Top Trumps instead.

Fucking reeks, this.

Yorkshire CCC want a kicking for not dealing with it properly initially, but this fucker wants chucking in the bin.

• Members

I wonder if potential future complainers (compensation seekers?) will think long and hard before they start a campaign after this? Check any skeletons which may be in your cupboard before you start hurling accusations around so that you won't be made to look like a complete hypocrite.

Even though the usual left leaning suspects have gone quiet on this subject, no doubt they still believe he should be beatified a la George Floyd?