Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Stanley away

Marc505

The players don’t know they are fucking born.

It was a shocking display against a dreadful team.

In the second half we saw the ball about 3 times at the end we were attacking.

We offered absolutely nothing in that second half. Nothing.

6 consecutive league aways without a point and a goal.

They get off lightly whilst we waste our time, effort and money.

Anyway, never mind eh?

Lets keep making those excuses.

Useless bastards.

Edited by captainmed

• Members
21 minutes ago, captainmed said:

The players don’t know they are fucking born.

It was a shocking display against a dreadful team.

In the second half we saw the ball about 3 times at the end we were attacking.

We offered absolutely nothing in that second half. Nothing.

6 consecutive league aways without a point and a goal.

They get off lightly whilst we waste our time, effort and money.

Anyway, never mind eh?

Lets keep making those excuses.

Useless bastards.

Have you turned your wristband over?

34 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Looked to me that their lad got a lucky deflection for the goal, plus he was left free by the defence,  I'm not blaming Dixon for that

I agree, just allowed to punt a ball into our box, MJ no challenge at all, skidded through to the guy who scored again with no challenge. Bit harsh to load all that on Dixon.

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Taxi driver from Wigan was an Algerian who lives in Astley Bridge. Said we’d sold him so much on our history that he’s going to the Morecambe game on Boxing Day.  COYWM

It's an owd trick that taxi drivers pull...tell the punter any bullshit just before tip time. Even the foreign lads have learned. How much did the lying fucker get ?

Good that people have calmed down but quick reminder that was fucking shit, we have lost to Fleetwood and Accrington this week.

We need extra bodies in midfield desperately there is no energy in there the ones we have in there are running on empty or just back from injury.

Missed Doyle's chance on the day as queuing to get in, John should score too, but after a bright start to second half with the fans behind them last 30 minutes was awful. I just do not see how he can change it significantly , we  look like we might never score again

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

Dapo’s run and through ball at 40s is unreal especially the pass leaving Doyle 1 on 1. Then what, Doyle gets the ball stuck under his feet, ends up on his weaker foot and the best chance has gone. Doyle is a total liability and has cost us so many points this season. His other chance, that volley, was just embarrassing really.

Not really sure DJ could have done much else with the rebound as it was one of them  where he’s waiting for it to come down giving the keeper time to get across and make a great save.

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Looked to me that their lad got a lucky deflection for the goal, plus he was left free by the defence,  I'm not blaming Dixon for that.

Dixon gambled to claim a ball that was going wide. The ball literally landed in the middle of the goal. If he stays where he is he catches it. It's awful goalkeeping. He's no need to be off his line in that situation. It's not the first time he's at fault for a goal either. 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So do I.
Getting home 😬 

Not transfer your ticket for today? 

4 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

At fault for the goal at Portsmouth away. At fault for the first goal at home to Cheltenham. At fault for the goal yesterday. He's a problem. He's not good enough to be no 1. 

He’s also kept us in games

if someone said you can only have a goalkeeper or a striker in January it’s a no brainier 

Edited by radcliffe white

Guest Nordkurve
3 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

At fault for the goal at Portsmouth away. At fault for the first goal at home to Cheltenham. At fault for the goal yesterday. He's a problem. He's not good enough to be no 1. 

We are League One. Where do you suggest we get a great Keeper from within our Budget ? The bigger problem is that we can't score. You could put a Premier League Keeper in the team and we would still concede because at the moment the rest of the squad that is available are not good enough.

Just now, Nordkurve said:

We are League One. Where do you suggest we get a great Keeper from within our Budget ? The bigger problem is that we can't score. You could put a Premier League Keeper in the team and we would still concede because at the moment the rest of the squad that is available are not good enough.

I could use the same logic you just used to suggest how do you think we can get a great striker with our budget?

I'm not in charge of the budget . I just know we need a goalkeeper that is better than Dixon.

Just watched it from the tv angle and as far as I’m concerned it’s not Dixon’s mistake, it’s the defence at fault.  The ball is lobbed into our 18 and hits the floor, bounces up and it’s luckily headed in.  Two defenders between the ball, it’s one of their fault, not Dixon’s.   From behind the nets it looked Dixon’s fault, but I’ve changed my mind after seeing that.

Problem is the spine of our team is weak we need a centre half who can lead the defence Santos is not that type , MJ needs a battling no nonsense partner in midfield again what we have are not that type and a goal scorer our strikers will not hit double figures this season if we don’t sort out the spine of the team results like yesterday will continue we have been sussed out!

As for Dixon as other posters have stated more pressing problems than him !

Guest Nordkurve
25 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

I could use the same logic you just used to suggest how do you think we can get a great striker with our budget?

I'm not in charge of the budget . I just know we need a goalkeeper that is better than Dixon.

The difference is that Dixon has kept us in plenty of games with good saves, but that gets forgotten when we lose, not because of his mistake (which is actually debatable yesterday) but because we have no one who can score at the moment.