Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham a

radcliffe white

Just now, Ani said:

On the crowd it was given out as 9784 ( I think), with Covid restrictions capacity was 9990 ( think) 

Only 106 off capacity ? I thought we had nearly 2k tickets and sure away fans was given at under 1000, something does not add up. 

Support was very good yesterday, when I saw no Lee or Williams I was expecting to get hammered

The club were in constant contact during the last couple of days prior to the game and Rotherham were selling the tickets we weren’t to get as close as they could to that 9999 figure.

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

The club were in constant contact during the last couple of days prior to the game and Rotherham were selling the tickets we weren’t to get as close as they could to that 9999 figure.

I only decided to go the day before and this explains my difficulty in getting an away ticket and ending up among the yorkies. Not complaining, if I'd pulled my finger out earlier I wouldn't have had to call in a favour 

Dixon has the tools but needs to grow a mouth.

All those calling for a Ged Taggart type - it wouldn't work now.

Kicking players in the air these days gets punished.

I'm also of the opinion the delicate daffodils at all levels these days won't appreciate a Roy Keane type (spit) bollocking them.

I reckon playoffs if we get a run together.

Then tatered in the Championship week in week out.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Saw Bolton Baked in ground and he told me many trains had been cancelled back across (under) the Pennines. What time did you all get back?

Trains were fine. Every train and connection was on time, sat down, no delays. Although I did go the wrong way following @Steejay at Sheffield to get to the right platform 😊

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Saw Bolton Baked in ground and he told me many trains had been cancelled back across (under) the Pennines. What time did you all get back?

It was the trains from Rotherham to Sheffield that were getting cancelled. The first one back was fine but the next 3 were cancelled. 

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Seen reds given for less

I’ve watched it a few times in slow mo, the Rotherham lad got a touch on the ball, Dapo got the player, if anything looks like a Dapo foul, might of looked different from Evatts viewing position.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve watched it a few times in slow mo, the Rotherham lad got a touch on the ball, Dapo got the player, if anything looks like a Dapo foul, might of looked different from Evatts viewing position.

Watched it once on phone whilst walking the dog 

Definite red

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Watched it once on phone whilst walking the dog 

Definite red

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Even if it wasn’t a foul it was certainly a deliberate pass back to the keeper.

Looks like Rotherham lad gets his body across before dapo gets to the ball, Dapo momentum takes him into the Rotherham lad, looks like dapo connects with the right leg of the Rotherham player pushing his leg onto the ball and back towards the keeper, it’s difficult to see clearly but that’s how I read it any way. Ref has a clear view of the incident although he’s on half way line. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

59 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looks like Rotherham lad gets his body across before dapo gets to the ball, Dapo momentum takes him into the Rotherham lad, looks like dapo connects with the right leg of the Rotherham player pushing his leg onto the ball and back towards the keeper, it’s difficult to see clearly but that’s how I read it any way. Ref has a clear view of the incident although he’s on half way line. 

The ref said Dapo got the first touch, then there was 'football contact'. Not sure what that means. Based on the video can not say who got first touch but if it was Dapo I am not sure how it was not a foul. IMO not a red as the ball is never really under control. 

The challenge is also very high so a card would not have been unreasonable. The fact the ref says Dapo first touch makes his decision from there strange. 

We then kicked the ball out and they did not give it us back. 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Im looking at it as if it was against us, I'd say it's a foul and if it went our way, I'd say we got lucky and got away with it, I'd assume that how their fans will see it.

It's a clumsy foul and I've seen reds given for less, perhaps Dapo should have done more to stay on his feet.

If he’d stayed on his feet and it not result in a goal there’d be plenty saying he should’ve gone down. If there’s no goal he’s being criticised.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

The ref said Dapo got the first touch, then there was 'football contact'. Not sure what that means. Based on the video can not say who got first touch but if it was Dapo I am not sure how it was not a foul. IMO not a red as the ball is never really under control. 

The challenge is also very high so a card would not have been unreasonable. The fact the ref says Dapo first touch makes his decision from there strange. 

We then kicked the ball out and they did not give it us back. 

Dapo got first touch before the coming together. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Im looking at it as if it was against us, I'd say it's a foul and if it went our way, I'd say we got lucky and got away with it, I'd assume that how their fans will see it.

It's a clumsy foul and I've seen reds given for less, perhaps Dapo should have done more to stay on his feet.

54 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If he’d stayed on his feet and it not result in a goal there’d be plenty saying he should’ve gone down. If there’s no goal he’s being criticised.

44 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The operative word in all this... "if" 

And your point is what? Does your use of the word “perhaps” carry more weight than my use of the word “if”?

And besides, what is an “operative” word?