Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yorkshire Puddings on a Christmas dinner, Yes or No

Rudy

Yorkshire puddings   

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Indeed. Although I’ll concede that they can go with pork but only if the pork is sausages and it’s a massive fuck off toad in the hole served with mash, white cabbage and beer/butter gravy

Nooo- got to be a crisp green cabbage, peas etc.

And mash! Yuck.

Surely with a large, hearty Yorkshire puddings, no spuds are needed.

• Site Supporter

Who gives a flying fuck if a yorkshire pud is served with a roast or not? If you like them then fucking well have one, I do so I will. We aren't taking mushy peas here, this is something load of folk do, and why not?

I have to agree with a large yorkie wrap on boxing day, with stuffing sauce and a bit of gravy in the middle too 👌 

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’m gonna say it. 

Yorkshire puddings are fuckin overrated 

They are fucking great things. They don't actually taste of much granted but a lovely crispy bit of pud with a fork full of dinner is wonderful.

They add texture to the meal if nothing else.

• Members
25 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Drive to Sharples and say that to my 84 year old Yarkie mother’s face and let’s see if you ever post on here again without the aid of Stephen Hawking type technology. I dare you 😀

They’re just nothing. Gimme a dumpling over them 

29 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Black pudding on a Christmas dinner... 

Fucking hell. It barely deserves time on a full English. 

If that isn't piss taking it takes the mushy pea mantle... Non of that quick soak bollocks either or not.

Youngster, whilst a black pudding has no place on a Christmas dinner. Steamed, on its own is a thing of beauty 

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Youngster, whilst a black pudding has no place on a Christmas dinner. Steamed, on its own is a thing of beauty 

On your Christmas Dinner though. There's many things that are nice that don't deserve to go on a chrimbo dinner (trigger point for chrimbo) 

We've realised this year that turkey is shit. We've got a duck in and hoping to get a game aldi spesh in... 

Turkey is shite. 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I have three daughters, they all like Yorkshire Puddings, because everyone does. But there is no way we are serving it.

On boxing day though we're having Yorkshire pudding wraps for lunch with the left overs. 

Just done the massive Yorkshire's for it.

Now that sounds decent

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

On your Christmas Dinner though. There's many things that are nice that don't deserve to go on a chrimbo dinner (trigger point for chrimbo) 

We've realised this year that turkey is shit. We've got a duck in and hoping to get a game aldi spesh in... 

Turkey is shite. 

Everything is rubbish cooked badly.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Everything is rubbish cooked badly.

I just think turkey with kids (8 and 4, shit names. .. I'll change em soon)  who don't like owt traditionally but a bit of chicken or beef on a Sunday roast is a waste of time 

So if we can have summat with a bit more taste and let the bin lids have their chicken it'll be reet! 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

They’re just nothing. Gimme a dumpling over them 

She’ll take your dumplings any day of the week. She’s the queen of Trex lard dumplings. Now you. You anti-batter freak. You get your arse to Sharples and call my mother out and tell her what you put on here about Yorkshire puddings. I dare you. I double dare you. I even triple dare you. You won’t do it. I know it cos you’re scared of a Yarkshire woman who’s 84 years old and will kick you arse. Rudy’s going down..