Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Buying a dog

Rudy

5 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Why?! Weird you Youri. Should they also not masturbate? 

Vibration white vagina, I don't wank when in a relationship, I'll even eat jam butties at erm, that time. Out of relationships I can wank twelve times a day.

I think it was thirteen yesterday - there was nowt on telly, half were flaccid ones.

On 29/12/2021 at 22:05, dave2980 said:

FB_IMG_1640815446028.jpg.64da8b5215d1e762ca6b80a370f63ab6.jpg

Today we had to say our goodbyes and return the Lab to his breeder 😞

Despite having a lovely temperament in the house he's always been very un-Labrador like when out and about. We're not sure whether it was just nerves or whether he had a screw loose. The vet thought he might just be overprotective initially so we had him chemically castrated to see if that helped but there was no change. He would basically just loose his shit whenever he encountered another person or dog when out and about. 

Anyway, he bit a jogger on his arse last week as he was running past so we couldn't really risk keeping him. We rang a few places and some were potentially willing to take him but couldn't because he had bitten someone. Luckily the breeder was willing to take back and he is now going to be trained as a gun dog (he's from working stock). Hopefully the breeder has more success training him than we did. 

50 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

Despite having a lovely temperament in the house he's always been very un-Labrador like when out and about. We're not sure whether it was just nerves or whether he had a screw loose. The vet thought he might just be overprotective initially so we had him chemically castrated to see if that helped but there was no change. He would basically just loose his shit whenever he encountered another person or dog when out and about. 

Anyway, he bit a jogger on his arse last week as he was running past so we couldn't really risk keeping him. We rang a few places and some were potentially willing to take him but couldn't because he had bitten someone. Luckily the breeder was willing to take back and he is now going to be trained as a gun dog (he's from working stock). Hopefully the breeder has more success training him than we did. 

Really sorry to hear about this, on a lighter side I wouldn't have minded seeing a few joggers bit on the arse.

At least you have acquired the dog from a good breeder who will take him back, too many dogs get abandoned at this stage.

Sounds like he needs to be around other working dogs, good on you for taking on a dog from a proper breeder and not from a puppy farm.

Onwards and upwards

13 hours ago, dave2980 said:

Ah really made me sad this mate :(

Hopefully he will have a good life legging it about some fields. Maybe just wasnt meant to be domesticated.

I've posted about it before, but Ive seen the difference massively in this nob head and my other dogs. Hes from a working family and way more boisterous than our last lab.

The jogger thing resonates as he legs it them, barks and jumps about them. Obviously all he sees is a mad cunt in illuminous clothes running at us so goes mad, luckily he hasnt took a chunk out yet, it was rather embarrassing 🙈.  Hes stricly on his lead down the lane now and only off on the field.

Like yours hes great in the house and soft as shite, bar wanting 24 hour attention and play time.

My Mrs is on about taking him to this mad Czech dog trainer. Its about £250 for the day and he sorts em out. Think he bums them in the woods and makes them fight a bear or summet.

Hopefully you get back on the horse and get another pal. A lass I know just got a black lab crossed with springer. Creates a mini lab, calm as a cucumber as well..

8 hours ago, gonzo said:

Hopefully he will have a good life legging it about some fields. Maybe just wasnt meant to be domesticated.

I've posted about it before, but Ive seen the difference massively in this nob head and my other dogs. Hes from a working family and way more boisterous than our last lab.

The jogger thing resonates as he legs it them, barks and jumps about them. Obviously all he sees is a mad cunt in illuminous clothes running at us so goes mad, luckily he hasnt took a chunk out yet, it was rather embarrassing 🙈.  Hes stricly on his lead down the lane now and only off on the field.

Like yours hes great in the house and soft as shite, bar wanting 24 hour attention and play time.

My Mrs is on about taking him to this mad Czech dog trainer. Its about £250 for the day and he sorts em out. Think he bums them in the woods and makes them fight a bear or summet.

Hopefully you get back on the horse and get another pal. A lass I know just got a black lab crossed with springer. Creates a mini lab, calm as a cucumber as well..

I have one of these , she looks like a young black lab.

Everyone asks how old she is because she looks like lab pup , endless energy when off lead and behaves just like a working springer covering ground to pick up birds.

Inside home and pub behaves like a lab , calm and relaxed , but not food driven and will leave food alone all day

an absolute gem

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just out of intrest who's the trainer? I only ask as we had big problems with our Rottie and I looked up loads of trainers, I've used loads of trainers and paid fortunes and now we're slowly getting there! 

• Site Supporter
On 05/03/2022 at 18:36, dave2980 said:

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. After reading lots of “dogs aren’t dangerous, owners are” type posts over the years where blame for a bad dog lies with the owner, it sounds as though you’re going against this and saying the dog’s flawed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Haha.

Came in the other day, and one of mine was on the sofa, looking pleased with himself, with a pile of torn tin foil on the floor in front of him.

Has he gone off conspiracy  theories and UFO's now ?

• Members
25 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

No, the pale one. B/W one's eyes are saying we're for it now, the other one is saying, no stare her out, we'll get away with it.

Right one is mine. Little bastard deffo did it. Left one just follows him round whilst he does naughty shit. Threatened him with Bleakholt. He couldn't care less. 

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Right one is mine. Little bastard deffo did it. Left one just follows him round whilst he does naughty shit. Threatened him with Bleakholt. He couldn't care less. 

I showed it to my other half. We both reckon the black and white one did it.

Looks guilty, yours looks wary of a backlash.