Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury a

radcliffe white

5 hours ago, Rice said:

I’ll be there. Haven’t been to Salop since beating them 1-0 in August ‘90 (I think) 

Should take a decent following, 1,400 or so? 

Would expect to sell all 1,600 based on recent followings. A win before then would be nice, mind.

Priority on Morecambe tickets too 👀 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Nah, just fishing. Though I’ve probably put the idea in their head now given Football Ground Guide reckons we’ll only get 1,700 tickets and every man and his dog will be wanting a ticket for that one. 

I hope its the case as Ive let my CR be used to get a ticket as Im not going. 

Be ace if it bags me a morcambe one 🤣

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Would expect to sell all 1,600 based on recent followings. A win before then would be nice, mind.

Priority on Morecambe tickets too 👀 

Up to now this season I’ve been to away games at:

Wimbledon, Lincoln, Wigan, Cambridge, Ipswich, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Stockport, Wycombe, Accrington, Rotherham and Hartlepool. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if previous attendance carried any weight for future away tickets?

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Up to now this season I’ve been to away games at:

Wimbledon, Lincoln, Wigan, Cambridge, Ipswich, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Stockport, Wycombe, Accrington, Rotherham and Hartlepool. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if previous attendance carried any weight for future away tickets?

Ref Morecambe, I’ve heard a rumour that priority will be given to Fleetwood away attendees with ST’s….

😄

Edited by captainmed

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Only game I recall it happening was when we played Burton the week before the Wilbraham game. I think 6 away games gave you a day’s priority, but everybody’s head fell off because they hadn’t been allocating individual tickets to people’s CRN’s on general sale. At least that’s one thing the membership scheme has fixed 🙃😂

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Only game I recall it happening was when we played Burton the week before the Wilbraham game. I think 6 away games gave you a day’s priority, but everybody’s head fell off because they hadn’t been allocating individual tickets to people’s CRN’s on general sale. At least that’s one thing the membership scheme has fixed 🙃😂

I still buy in random season tickets

I agree it should be possible to do a kind of loyalty scheme, but it needs announcing pre season

And to stop putting tickets on sale before its announced

10 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Allocation is around 1779 

It was a joke as it was the only game missing from Mickey’s away game list!!!

FWIW I don’t think they will even sell out to ST holders, they will go on sale to members.

3 away games over 4 consecutive weekends…..

Not even counting constant midweek home games.

Edited by captainmed

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

It was a joke as it was the only game missing from Mickey’s away game list!!!

FWIW I don’t think they will even sell out to ST holders, they will go on sale to members.

3 away games over 4 consecutive weekends…..

I cant see it selling out either

I'll prob go, but I'll wait til post wycombe

I’m all for the club putting some loyalty scheme in place for when we get smaller allocations

But really only needed if the teams in good form places like fleetwood,accy & morecambe still a novelty for many just say if we became a mid table side for a few years they wouldn’t sell out on a regular basis

like the early prem days vouchers was used for the first few years 

8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just bought 2 tickets, there is the £2 charge and another £0.75 online fee, is that a new charge? Must admit these extra charges are pissing me off more than they should.

That's now the norm & it's a piss take!

Consider you're a person that goes to nearly every away game. It's about 2 or 3 games in the 23 games in 'admin fees'. A 10% surcharge for loyalty?!? 

Everytime the club sells an away ticket they get paid 5% of that ticket charge from the home club. Then it's announced its pay on the day & we don't have to pay those charges & the club receives nothing! The stats will be out there to the powers that be, to realise they're killing the support for no extra money!

7 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

That's now the norm & it's a piss take!

Consider you're a person that goes to nearly every away game. It's about 2 or 3 games in the 23 games in 'admin fees'. A 10% surcharge for loyalty?!? 

Everytime the club sells an away ticket they get paid 5% of that ticket charge from the home club. Then it's announced its pay on the day & we don't have to pay those charges & the club receives nothing! The stats will be out there to the powers that be, to realise they're killing the support for no extra money!

I agree, I’m less likely to go to away games with this charge. I’m more than happy to collect tickets from the ticket office but even then there is a £2 charge. When you add in the membership scheme where I know for a fact many haven’t joined then the club losing thousands of pounds. It’s utterly bonkers!! 

75p is for postage which is fair enough. The £2 less so. Fair to say I was a bit miffed on Tuesday that I paid £7 in fees over the phone to then drive up to the ticket office to collect the tickets because we 'aren't allowed to buy in person' and lo and behold the lad in front of me is doing exactly that, fee-free.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

75p is for postage which is fair enough. The £2 less so. Fair to say I was a bit miffed on Tuesday that I paid £7 in fees over the phone to then drive up to the ticket office to collect the tickets because we 'aren't allowed to buy in person' and lo and behold the lad in front of me is doing exactly that, fee-free.

I’d of told em to sod off