Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (H)

Horwich

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

If you become a member today can you buy tickets for tomorrow in person at the ticket office?

Would have thought so. I've never been asked for my kids details at the ticket office, even though I registered them as soon as the membership scheme was rolled out, and I've never seen/heard them ask for anyone else's details either. I get a feeling the membership scheme isn't anywhere near as strict as it was made out to be...It would be insanity to turn people away at the ticket office. At the most I reckon they'll just ask for names/addresses if they aren't already in the system.

Edited by Cheese

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Would have thought so. I've never been asked for my kids details at the ticket office, even though I registered them as soon as the membership scheme was rolled out, and I've never seen/heard them ask for anyone else's details either. I get a feeling the membership scheme isn't anywhere near as strict as it was made out to be...It would be insanity to turn people away at the ticket office. At the most I reckon they'll just ask for names/addresses if they aren't already in the system.

Aye this is for a mate who normally works away. Hes back this weekend and fancied the match but cant buy online even though he lives in Bolton.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye this is for a mate who normally works away. Hes back this weekend and fancied the match but cant buy online even though he lives in Bolton.

I'd be amazed if he couldn't get in. Probably worth registering in advance anyway.

I'm a ST holder and have tried to buy 3 tickets today for relatives who normally come to 2 or 3 games a season and have been half a dozen times previously & fancied the game tomorrow but I couldn't buy additional tickets. Also I would have had to become a member to even see what seats were available on the website.

It's possibly understandable with S/land selling out, but how the club can afford to miss out on this additional revenue & support is quite surprising - saying that perhaps they don't need it with this new tax payers money.

2 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

I'm a ST holder and have tried to buy 3 tickets today for relatives who normally come to 2 or 3 games a season and have been half a dozen times previously & fancied the game tomorrow but I couldn't buy additional tickets. Also I would have had to become a member to even see what seats were available on the website.

It's possibly understandable with S/land selling out, but how the club can afford to miss out on this additional revenue & support is quite surprising - saying that perhaps they don't need it with this new tax payers money.

NH special. We are just customers to him mate.

41 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

One of my biggest frustrations with it is people have to sign up as members before they can even see the ticket prices.

It’ll be interesting to see how he sets up tomorrow.

I know there’s an argument not to change a winning team, but I don’t think you can leave Dapo out again - he changed the game last Saturday and is by far our best player.

His decision could be made easier if Lee hasn’t recovered from last week, but if he is then it will be interesting to see if Baka keeps his place or Dapo is back in.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’ll be interesting to see how he sets up tomorrow.

I know there’s an argument not to change a winning team, but I don’t think you can leave Dapo out again - he changed the game last Saturday and is by far our best player.

His decision could be made easier if Lee hasn’t recovered from last week, but if he is then it will be interesting to see if Baka keeps his place or Dapo is back in.

There’s the argument that his fresh legs later on have had a bigger impact recently. He’d be unlucky not to start though 

• Site Supporter

This situation about having to sign up for a ticket is fucking pathetic. And damaging.

My lads mate wants to come tomorrow. Only decided earlier on. But he can’t because it’s too late to sign him up and the hassle isn’t worth it.

I cannot believe it’s become harder to watch Bolton than Manchester fucking City.

I love Shazza, I rarely criticise the club, but this situation is a steaming pile of fetid dogshit.

Edited by Spider

They can fcuk off next season if they think I'm renewing my ST.

This membership and they way its been implemented by the Burnley fan is one major fcuk up & the club, FV, Sharon Brittan etc. don't give a toss about the impact is has on many lifelong fans, we are now not 20,30,40,50 year fans of BWFC we are just customers like someone going to a music concert.