Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Good Restaurants To Visit

jeep

On 26/02/2022 at 21:08, gonzo said:

Aye them at the top end are just crap tourist traps now.

Best chippy on red bank is the middle chippy further down, actually think they just renamed it Bellamy's.

The best chippy in Blackpool is The Yorkshire Fishery on Topping Street. Best by a country mile.

Closely followed by The Cottege a little further afield off Preston New Road. 

Both worth the mooch if your in the area.

Was in Blackpool yesterday, took the little one for a walk

First time i've been and not bee over to the cottage since you told me about it

Went to Six by Nico in Manchester recently. It's a taster menu, 6 courses - so no choice what you get. (unless you choose the vegetarian version of the menu). Simple dishes but flavoured in interesting ways - they change the menu every 6 weeks to a new theme. When I went it was "fairy tale" themed but now I think it's Roman theme.

You can also get the accompanying wine menu that compliments the food. First time I've done something like that and it was well worth it.

I'm NOT a wine connoisseur by any stretch but could definitely tell how each wine complimented each course. Interesting experience, good food and a good price for what is usually a megabucks experience.

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, fatty said:

If you’re ever in Benidorm try “Ian’s”. My favourite restaurant. 

Of course most of you are too posh for there !

"Ian's" in Benidorm.

10% off if you voted for Brexit.

10 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

No, I'm scum, I just prefer not to dine facing tattooed shirtless fat fucks eating a 'full English' but with chips.

52 minutes ago, Spider said:

"Ian's" in Benidorm.

10% off if you voted for Brexit.

You're possibly both being a little prejudice given it's in the Old Town and run by a couple (I assume) who both happen to be called Ian.

Given its location I very much doubt that it is full of "tattooed shirtless fat fucks" and more likely to be frequented by those of a "pink persuasion" 

EDIT

Just thought I'd chuck this in there https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187525-d12845888-Reviews-Ians_Restaurant-Benidorm_Costa_Blanca_Province_of_Alicante_Valencian_Country.html

Edited by dave2980