Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Cost Of Living Crisis

gonzo

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

“It’s not even Spanish, you know…?”

614E2534-57F1-4B60-AD8B-BA8F7EA0AD64.jpeg

“But they’ve created the illusion it is because English people are weirdly dense around the provenance of lager”

Tried that Madri - dunno, perhaps its me but thought it was a bit gassy and sweet. Neck Oil is another grapefruit one that seems to give me a headache as I'm drinking it and that Blue Moon we used to get served for free at work as MillerCoors used to have a suite of offices in the building and used to be loads left over.

Maybe I just don't like lager anymore! I'll have a Pilzner, but bitter and then wine with food seem to be my go to. I do like a Negroni before a meal though. There's a decent place on Willam St in Covent Garden called Bancone if you are in central London (really good pasta resturant) anyway they do a White Negroni which is Lillet Blanc Vermouth, Suze and Gin which I had last week and subsequently went and bought the ingredients.

• Site Supporter

Me and Loft were on Neck Oil a few weeks ago in London town. I didn't fancy it when he got the first, but the bloke next to me was on an IPA with only about four bubbles on top so I gave it a go and stopped on it all day.

I wasn't rough the next day, and had managed to get off the train at the right stop, so it was indeed win/win.

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I do like a Negroni before a meal though. There's a decent place on Willam St in Covent Garden called Bancone if you are in central London (really good pasta resturant) anyway they do a White Negroni which is Lillet Blanc Vermouth, Suze and Gin which I had last week and subsequently went and bought the ingredients.

I'm fairly new to a Negroni, absolutely love them now though. 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Ani said:

I had a couple of draft Coronas (with limes) before game Saturday, lovely sat in the sun. 

Draught is fine but my lad drinks it from the bottle. It’s like drinking half but paying for a pint. 

18 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Oh no. Three of those and you'll fight anyone. Proper drink is an Negroni. 

Indeed, a proper drink. It was Anthony Bourdain's favourite drink, and that's good enough for me (it was when I read one of his books on holiday, that I was inspired to try one......sadly I tried about seven, and that's really not recommended)

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, a proper drink. It was Anthony Bourdain's favourite drink, and that's good enough for me (it was when I read one of his books on holiday, that I was inspired to try one......sadly I tried about seven, and that's really not recommended)

One night we had a work's bash at a private members club called the Arts - middle of summer, baking hot day and they were serving Negroni's free of charge, basically as soon as you finished one, another would appear. 

We did work for the club at the time, let's just say after a few colleagues disgraced themselves we were booted off the account and told never to come back!

Thankfully I switched to wine after a couple but some folk were a total mess and the toilets looked like someone had thrown talc everywhere.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, little whitt said:

what's all this about the Poor 

Stealing Baby milk Powder 

Why not Put them on the TIT 

then on to Cow Juice

Mothers need to be well-nourished to lactate effectively...

My greenking contract just cut back from monthly cleans,some fortnightly to bi-monthly. Thats after cancelling from December to March.

Effectively 5 cleans a year on gaffs less than a mile from the sea.

Absolute buffoons. Theyll look like shit and fucks me over in the process.

Edited by gonzo