Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

6 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

He'll be off for dinner soon with some well known (in a fifth of Camden) producer friend with an infallible barometer of other folks political persuasions. You watch.

The ultimate name dropping chardonnay sipper.

How the other half live hey 🙄

7 hours ago, Traf said:

I'll take the 'young' as a compliment, cheers xx

All over it, mate. 
It's all-inclusive and free, I just bill the government £175,000 for each seat I fill on the plane.

Which gives me another thought, why doesn't Sunak get Ant & Dec to give these asylum seekers a seat on the plane to Florida, but actually dump them in Rwanda?

Think you missed a 0 off the price mate

8 hours ago, royal white said:

Amazing. That’s the coolest story I’ve heard all day. You should work in sleep therapy 😴

It was simply to prove you were wrong in your assumptions once again.

You really do come across as a bit of a wally quite often.

7 hours ago, royal white said:

How the other half live hey 🙄

you and Bolty sore because folk giggle at you both on occassion?

Just a quick case in point as the aussie is wrong again. #boltyfactcheck

Drinking champagne in Camden? Cant say I ever have, never been part of a union, and currently run my own business - as a net contributor to our great Isle the turncoat can lick my winklepickers and finally today I'm off to a rehersal with none other than Angelos Epithemiou, so stick that up your shooting star 😁

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Having recently been to Camden I can assure nobody there was drinking champagne.

Fireballs shots straight out of the bottle with THC vapes, Maybe.

Champagne? Nay Chance :)

42 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Having recently been to Camden I can assure nobody there was drinking champagne.

The Borough of Camden is quite big though - although I can't say I've ever quaffed champers.

I did once get red stripe chucked on my head in the electric ballroom watching I Am Kloot however.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, royal white said:

. It shouldn’t matter if the Eritrean government confirmed he would receive the death penalty when he’s back. Thats his and their problem.

Aye 

I'm as liberal as they come but it you want to go to another country you live by their laws and if you don't you should be made to leave 

Send them back home or even to Rwanda 

Not arsed if his life is in danger 

If he's into rape then allowing him to stay puts people in danger

40 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye 

I'm as liberal as they come but it you want to go to another country you live by their laws and if you don't you should be made to leave 

Send them back home or even to Rwanda 

Not arsed if his life is in danger 

If he's into rape then allowing him to stay puts people in danger

Rwanda won’t take criminals 😁 Makes a mockery of them. That’s the way to 100% ensure a single flight doesn’t leave.

As far as I’m aware, nobody on here is suggesting that this vile fella should stay. My issue is with social media nut jobs who attack judges with no substance or wider context. 

There are loopholes in the legal system that need addressing. And there needs to be a balance. Deporting a lad for a petty crime such as shoplifting or weed possession, to a country where they are at risk of the death penalty would be wrong imo. 

Large scale fraud & gang activity, rape, murder, assault etc. Out they go thank you. 

What’s funny here is that many are so eager to blame judges & lefty lawyers without a single criticism of the government they voted in. 

There are now 12,000 foreign criminals in this country. A 192% increase since 2012. Whilst many will not be dangerous, clearly it’s an alarming problem. Especially now we are seeing reoffending by people who should have been sent home. Eg, the Clapham case.

It’s Tory failure & incompetence that’s made an absolute mess of this. The massive increase is under their watch. Wasting money on ridiculous policies like Rwanda instead of investing proper resources into deporting dangerous criminals. 

Blame Gary Lineker & a random judge though & the gammons lap it up. 

23 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Rwanda won’t take criminals 😁 Makes a mockery of them. That’s the way to 100% ensure a single flight doesn’t leave.

As far as I’m aware, nobody on here is suggesting that this vile fella should stay. My issue is with social media nut jobs who attack judges with no substance or wider context. 

There are loopholes in the legal system that need addressing. And there needs to be a balance. Deporting a lad for a petty crime such as shoplifting or weed possession, to a country where they are at risk of the death penalty would be wrong imo. 

Large scale fraud & gang activity, rape, murder, assault etc. Out they go thank you. 

What’s funny here is that many are so eager to blame judges & lefty lawyers without a single criticism of the government they voted in. 

There are now 12,000 foreign criminals in this country. A 192% increase since 2012. Whilst many will not be dangerous, clearly it’s an alarming problem. Especially now we are seeing reoffending by people who should have been sent home. Eg, the Clapham case.

It’s Tory failure & incompetence that’s made an absolute mess of this. The massive increase is under their watch. Wasting money on ridiculous policies like Rwanda instead of investing proper resources into deporting dangerous criminals. 

Blame Gary Lineker & a random judge though & the gammons lap it up. 

You’ve outlined an obvious complex situation but you’ve also fallen into the trap of blaming the government without any context. It’s a problem throughout Europe and it’s a problem that’s going to continue whoever gets in at the next GE.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-border-agency-says-stopping-migration-is-impossible-2024-02-07/

7 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You’ve outlined an obvious complex situation but you’ve also fallen into the trap of blaming the government without any context. It’s a problem throughout Europe and it’s a problem that’s going to continue whoever gets in at the next GE.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-border-agency-says-stopping-migration-is-impossible-2024-02-07/

Indeed, it'll get worse and worse as well, of that there is little doubt. As an Island though, it should be a bit easier for us to stop folk coming.....at some point (fortunately long after I'm gone) we're going to need more immigration

7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, it'll get worse and worse as well, of that there is little doubt. As an Island though, it should be a bit easier for us to stop folk coming.....at some point (fortunately long after I'm gone) we're going to need more immigration

We could start by assuming control of our own borders.

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

That’s an article about migration, not deporting foreign criminals?

Though I’d imagine deporting foreign criminals is as big an issue over Europe.

So one side blames the government, the other side blames lefty lawyers and woke sympathisers. When really it’s just an impossible task?

Fwiw I’m not putting this all on the government, but clearly it’s become a lot worse under their watch. And with them being one of the most incompetent we’ve ever had, it’s reasonable to say they’ve been more focused on blaming others & dreaming up bonkers policies than getting anything done. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

There are loopholes in the legal system that need addressing. 

That's the case across the entire legal spectrum not just immigration 

I don't know who to blame for the loopholes but ultimately, as I understand it, a judge works with in the confines of the law so unless it's illegal to deport them, they could

Like the Albanian who entered illegally, started a cannabis farm, got caught, then got off being deported because his defence was he'd forgotten how to speak his native language

So was allowed to stay 

I'm blaming the judge for that

Three articles about 3 different countries. Italy’s Albania arrangement looks interesting. It seems the ‘right leaning lawyers’ got that one through😉

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68132537.amp

https://www.euronews.com/2024/02/02/germanys-u-turn-on-migration-is-it-necessary-or-just-politics

France set to tighten immigration law after court scraps some measures https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68103950

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

That's the case across the entire legal spectrum not just immigration 

I don't know who to blame for the loopholes but ultimately, as I understand it, a judge works with in the confinements of the law so unless it's illegal to deport them, they could

Like the Albanian who entered illegally, started a cannabis farm, got caught, then got off being deported because his defence was he'd forgotten how to speak his native language

So was allowed to stay 

I'm blaming the judge for that

Aye

Fair do’s 

• Members
4 hours ago, gonzo said:

You are putting two and two together and coming up with five. I don't associate Corbynites with Camden. I am sure that our resident chardonnay sipper sips in Islington or similar with the rest of the scruffy, unkempt keffiyah devotees.

8 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

You are putting two and two together and coming up with five. I don't associate Corbynites with Camden. I am sure that our resident chardonnay sipper sips in Islington or similar with the rest of the scruffy, unkempt keffiyah devotees.

All three wards in Camden voted for Corbyn's Labour party by a wide margin.

Can't remember the last artsy event I went to that had fizz on offer. I'm missing out on the launch night of the new David Hoyle exhibition at Factory International tonight I'll get the missus to report back on the fanciness of the drink on offer.

6 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well that proved it without any doubt. 

😂 you gigantic gawp, 

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-68774242

mind boggles how this wasn’t stopped earlier. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13279773/Anger-child-rapist-wins-ten-year-asylum-battle-avoid-deportation-Eritrea-stay-UK-one-360-immigration-rulings-February-March.html

Thats from the earlier link with some more examples. One woman had been fighting extradition for 22 years 🤦🏻 how is that possible. 

• Members

There's previously been a convicted sex offender from Afghanistan being granting leave to remain on the basis that people in Afghanistan don't take kindly to sex offenders and so might attack them on their return 🤦‍♂️

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

His raison d'etre. No context, no consideration. Everything the government's fault.

On migration however he's right as they haven't got to grips with it.

One such way is to simply ignore those rulings by the ECHR that we don't see as reasonable or as injurious to society; just like many other members do.

However, we know full well if they went down that route he'd be on moaning that the government was breaching international law and was racist blah, blah blah.

He's not alone though, and this bleeding heart sentiment seems to be behind the soft-arse attitude of certain senior members of government. 

Sunak's half steps towards a more pragmatic approach betray his real sentiment- and with such ever decreasing forward movement we will never get to a position of strength on the issue.