Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Free/cheap parking in Bolton TC

Traf

With public transport being a nightmare of late, I'm now toying with driving to Bolton TC on Saturday morning in our 'emergency' car (which isn't worth nicking) and dumping it from around 8.45am until Sunday afternoon.

So, I'm after cheap/free parking within reasonable walking distance of the train station.

Thanks, as always. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Traf said:

With public transport being a nightmare of late, I'm now toying with driving to Bolton TC on Saturday morning in our 'emergency' car (which isn't worth nicking) and dumping it from around 8.45am until Sunday afternoon.

So, I'm after cheap/free parking within reasonable walking distance of the train station.

Thanks, as always. 

The only income the council gets from the town centre these days is parking fines and rent from bookies and pound shops.

good luck

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Thanks, as always. 

You could always park where I used to live, I still do that when I go in town.  Bit of a trek to the train station though.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Early on a Saturday morning I'd head towards the rear of Sainsbury  on the opposite side of Bridgeman St. There'll be loads of on street at that time. 

Was gonna put this up. This is where I go when I need to go on train. 

• Members
7 hours ago, Traf said:

Thanks, as always. 

Park down the side of where Audi is (Grosvenor St) Where I park if I need go on the train 👍

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Early on a Saturday morning I'd head towards the rear of Sainsbury  on the opposite side of Bridgeman St. There'll be loads of on street at that time. 

I always assumed Bridgeman St had double yellows.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its bloody cheap everywhere in Bolton to park to be fair.

Fucking nearly 6 quid here for 4 hours. Local park £5.50 for two hours.

Earlier this year I paid £20 to park at Birmingham Childrens Hospital for a couple of hours! I'm sure there'll have been a cheaper alternative, but I didn't do any research beforehand.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Earlier this year I paid £20 to park at Birmingham Childrens Hospital for a couple of hours! I'm sure there'll have been a cheaper alternative, but I didn't do any research beforehand.

Local park now does parking prices based on if your car is better for the environment, so the richer folks end up paying less in general. 

It's probably going to be that for a lot of places going forward.

43 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Local park now does parking prices based on if your car is better for the environment, so the richer folks end up paying less in general. 

It's probably going to be that for a lot of places going forward.

Tories love this.

On 06/10/2022 at 08:27, Traf said:

Thanks, as always. 

I always park Bury Old Rd/Eagle St area. Just other side of the subway at the Parish Church. Doddle.