Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Drying Clothes

Elvis

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Funnily enough my work colleague mentioned he bought a heated tumble dryer this morning he reckons it is energy efficient and thus cheaper to use. 

apparently, our washing machine is also a tumble dryer, I found out the other week  -  not that we've ever used it in the two years we've been in this house 

Mrs Sweep clearly prefers to have clothes hanging all over the place to dry instead 🙂

4 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Apparently we have a 10kg condenser tumble dryer, whatever that means. The wife seems happy with it.

It means it doesn't need an external vent and the "steam" is turned back into water and fills an internal tank up that needs emptying each time you use the dryer.

Fuck me, I even bored myself typing that out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 18/01/2023 at 20:18, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wood burner. Clothes maiden.

Sorted. 

Helps keep the bills down.

That's what I've got, my gas and elec bills in December were £41.  I have solar and import electric at 16p kwh on Octopus Flux between 2-5am.  In summer I export far more than I use, that pays the standing charges and cheaper rate electric easily.  If I break even in a year I'll be £2,000 better off than what BG was hitting me for. I get free wood which helps.

46 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

That's what I've got, my gas and elec bills in December were £41.  I have solar and import electric at 16p kwh on Octopus Flux between 2-5am.  In summer I export far more than I use, that pays the standing charges and cheaper rate electric easily.  If I break even in a year I'll be £2,000 better off than what BG was hitting me for. I get free wood which helps.

There's a few on here that struggle to get wood......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just bought a DriBuddi, not used it yet though.  Live in a 2 bed bungalow so no room for a dryer in the kitchen anyhow.  Rave reviews on Argos, £50 it's worth a bat, it heats the room up whilst drying at a fraction of the cost of a dryer.