Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2023

stevieb

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Even expert ice skaters (I’m told) have very little control once they’re knocked off balance at 20mph

The point I was making previously. 

These guys are moving at speed on a surface that is difficult to change direction on. Whilst holding a stick, trying to hit an object or stop another from doing so.

It's very physical. 

We know it looks atrocious, but that's why it's all the more important to allow those that know to make proper assessments. 

If it turns out the chap that did it, did so out of malice, then fair enough-chuck the book at him then.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, L/H White said:

no, went skating once, and just held on to the sides 

but you don't need to be wayne gretsky to form an opinion 

police investigating it now 

like you said, horrid waste of life 

Police will often investigate a sudden death/death in a workplace etc. As do HSE.

Doesn't necessarily mean any wrongdoing. 

• Site Supporter

This is a sport where you are entitled to have a gloves off punch up occasionally and it’s all legit.

Dashing about at high speed with big razor blades on your feet tells me it’s fckin dangerous full stop.

If it was happening every week, then maybe an issue but this is a freak, billion to one shot for me.

• Site Supporter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12688197/amp/dam-johnson-rival-accidentally-slashed-ice-hockey-star-throat-completely-distraught-vile-messages-trolls.html

Not going to keep watching, like some forensic investigator, but another article here saying no blame. It also says the chap bumped into another initially, which upset his balance slightly. The rest is a terrible tragedy.

There has been suggestions that his skate clipped the back of another player's skate, sending him off balance

It's difficult to see from the footage either way but it does a seem quite plausible explanation to me

But then I believe the player in question has a bit of a reputation for being overly aggressive so who knows 🤷 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
On 29/10/2023 at 14:27, Cheese said:

Just seen it. That's Manslaughter, surely?

On 29/10/2023 at 14:48, Spider said:

Don’t be ridiculous 

A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in connection with the death of ice hockey player Adam Johnson, whose neck was cut during a match.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in connection with the death of ice hockey player Adam Johnson, whose neck was cut during a match.

It won’t result in a prosecution 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

It won’t result in a prosecution 

Wasn't a "ridiculous" question though was it, seeing as he's been arrested for exactly that. I'm sure your hockey-playing relatives know better.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Wasn't a "ridiculous" question though was it, seeing as he's been arrested for exactly that. I'm sure your hockey-playing relatives know better.

It may well be part of the process when someone dies and a criminal case is automatically opened.

Like I say, it won’t stick.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

It may well be part of the process when someone dies and a criminal case is automatically opened.

Like I say, it won’t stick.

Just making the point that your assertion that I was "being ridiculous" was incorrect. I said it looked like manslaughter, and he has now been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Just making the point that your assertion that I was "being ridiculous" was incorrect. I said it looked like manslaughter, and he has now been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

Ok