Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Space Dudes

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Blue specks were more enjoyable. Brown was a head fuck.

Still not beating going to the warehouse project at Boddingtons on acid and coming home with 280 quid in fivers in my pocket and a new found appreciation for life. 

You stole a dealers jeans?

Just now, Rudy said:

You stole a dealers jeans?

I may have took in a stash of pills 'just in case' I was that fucked on acid I couldn't remember giving or receiving cash. 

I stood for 5 minutes mesmerised looking at a taxis indicator when I got out of the event. 

Ace times. 

Sensible as fuck these days... 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, stevieb said:

Blue specks were more enjoyable. Brown was a head fuck.

Still not beating going to the warehouse project at Boddingtons on acid and coming home with 280 quid in fivers in my pocket and a new found appreciation for life. 

Warehouse Prrpject at Boddingtons was ace. Went a night Sanchez was on. As for brown speckled mishimashies, they were the days. 

Back to the space x think it docks today at about 2:30pm. 

if you’re on twitter follow Virtual_astro he posts all the times of the ISS passes and a load of other stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Comet Neowise visible between now and end of month. 

Don’t worry, if you miss it You’ll get another chance in 7000 years.

For best opportunity, look at the low horizon towards the North with decent binoculars or telescope and from a field away from streetlights.

On 13/07/2020 at 22:53, MickyD said:

Comet Neowise visible between now and end of month. 

Don’t worry, if you miss it You’ll get another chance in 7000 years.

For best opportunity, look at the low horizon towards the North with decent binoculars or telescope and from a field away from streetlights.

This a belting view from the ISS - comet turns up about 3 minutes in; watch full screen

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

This a belting view from the ISS - comet turns up about 3 minutes in; watch full screen

Footage like that makes you realise we're all just tiny farts of evolution, lucky enough to witness and comprehend the beauty of being for a brief moment, before our atoms are dispersed back into the ether to become something else - as they were before they were you. #AllLivesAreMatter

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone know what that planet/star is around 1/3 of the way in from the right?

Probably Venus or Jupiter? They are the ones easiest to spot from earth.

I can see either Ursa Minor or Ursa Major too (not sure which one) so it could be Polaris?

Either way it's amazing. Wish I knew more about the night sky. Went through a stage if wanting to buy a telescope but it seems daft when I live in a cloudy Astley Bridge and not an always clear Arizona :(

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Probably Venus or Jupiter? They are the ones easiest to spot from earth.

I can see either Ursa Minor or Ursa Major too (not sure which one) so it could be Polaris?

Either way it's amazing. Wish I knew more about the night sky. Went through a stage if wanting to buy a telescope but it seems daft when I live in a cloudy Astley Bridge and not an always clear Arizona :(

Looking forward to hols in Nicola land because it's a good dark skies area. Just hope for some clear nights and no cloud.