Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cameron & Milliband

fatty

Guest Blixa

In a big meeting with Putin and other awkward cunts, I know which one I'd prefer.

He may be a smug Tory cunt, but he's better than that floppy lipped buffoon.

If that's the criteria, might as well vote Paxman in.

Anyway, when did we have a presidential system installed? Thought we still voted for parties, not people.

• Members

Whereas Cameron is doing a sterling job.

Well spotted, sir. A tremendous economic recovery under way with more jobs meaning more taxpayers meaning more money for public spending. The reds will take it the other way but spend more on the NHS and One Eyed Black Lesbians Against The Bomb and gleefully lead you back into recession.

Thanks for pointing out what a good job he is actually doing Blixa. Saved me a job.

Can anyone seriously imagine the country being led by that utter twerp Miliband? A laughable concept.

Well spotted, sir. A tremendous economic recovery under way with more jobs meaning more taxpayers meaning more money for public spending. The reds will take it the other way but spend more on the NHS and One Eyed Black Lesbians Against The Bomb and gleefully lead you back into recession.

Thanks for pointing out what a good job he is actually doing Blixa. Saved me a job.

Can anyone seriously imagine the country being led by that utter twerp Miliband? A laughable concept.

I can imagine it, but I'd rather not

If that's the criteria, might as well vote Paxman in.

Anyway, when did we have a presidential system installed? Thought we still voted for parties, not people.

Had this discussion with a self employed taxi driver,with two kids and a wife on benefits who was trying to tell me he was voting Tory as he'd be better off. His main point was Milliband is a numpty.

This is where democracy fails. People basing votes on a tv show.

Read the policies,read the agendas and work out what's best for you and your family.

• Site Supporter

Had this discussion with a self employed taxi driver,with two kids and a wife on benefits who was trying to tell me he was voting Tory as he'd be better off. His main point was Milliband is a numpty.

This is where democracy fails. People basing votes on a tv show.

Read the policies,read the agendas and work out what's best for you and your family.

Now I have a problem with folk who work mainly for on-the-spot cash; taxi drivers, ice cream drivers, window cleaners, etc.

Do they really pay as much tax as they would PAYE?

I used to drink with a bloke who was a plumber, his accountant ensured he got tax refund rather than a tax bill.

The fact that Clegg supposedly won all the debates last time round shows how pointless these are. It is depressing how much of a celebrity culture we live in now. Who cares what they say, its whether they are funny or wear the right clothes. Might as well just go all out and have a president. 

End of the day Labour haven't got a hope of winning because they aren't connecting with the electorate. Partly because of Miliband but partly because the rest of their senior party figures are quite inexperienced and come across as though they are doing it for a piece of college coursework.

The Conservatives are showing more gravitas and that ultimately will matter. Shame it isn't about policies though actually when you boil it down the policies of the two main parties are hardly radically different. This is no Kinnock Vs Thatcher battle of ideologies. This is just two parties proposing lots of similar things in a broad sense but packaging it in slightly different ways.

Most unconvincing phrase of last night:

"hell yeah I'm tough enough"

No. No you're not.

He may/not be

But he can't even speak properly FFS.

Now I have a problem with folk who work mainly for on-the-spot cash; taxi drivers, ice cream drivers, window cleaners, etc.

Do they really pay as much tax as they would PAYE?

I used to drink with a bloke who was a plumber, his accountant ensured he got tax refund rather than a tax bill.

Good for him. Everyone who can do it should do it. It's a pity so many people are on PAYE and can't. Money is best placed in peoples' pockets and going over the counter at local businesses rather than going to govt to spend on bollocks.

Good for him. Everyone who can do it should do it. It's a pity so many people are on PAYE and can't. Money is best placed in peoples' pockets and going over the counter at local businesses rather than going to govt to spend on bollocks.

That is assuming people spend in local businesses which most don't. The idealised view of money being better off in people's pockets is absolutely great if it wasn't for the fact that the money inevitably ends up in the profits of Walmart, Tesco, BP etc etc. I'd rather have some of that money going into the NHS or the education of our kids. There is a balance but I'd wager on the whole we'd benefit more from a properly funded NHS than by just giving all our money to Tesco....

That is assuming people spend in local businesses which most don't. The idealised view of money being better off in people's pockets is absolutely great if it wasn't for the fact that the money inevitably ends up in the profits of Walmart, Tesco, BP etc etc. I'd rather have some of that money going into the NHS or the education of our kids. There is a balance but I'd wager on the whole we'd benefit more from a properly funded NHS than by just giving all our money to Tesco....

...which Walmart and Tesco and BP use to become major employers practically everywhere they exist. And the workers pay tax. Which is mostly wasted by education departments and the NHS and other things. You're already getting what you are arguing for.