Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Saudi Consulate Disappearance

Smiley

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why don’t they just tell the truth and tag on a “so what are you going to do about it?” At the end?

therell be no serious repercussions for them so they might as well

Not for the country, but MBS could be undermined and replaced.

Although he has skillfully modernised aspects of the country (women drivers etc), he has waged an appalling war against Yemen, and by the way those women who agitated for the right to drive were imprisoned so as not to be free to gloat over their achievement.

15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Malc, I thought the war was against Iran-backed rebels in yemen. Not against it?

Irrespective of who the war is against, it is the civilian population who are suffering.

There are some similarities to Syria where multiple factions were fighting.

[Of course it's our fault for leaving Aden in the first place.]

the guy that Don Tizzle were calling 'dopey prince alweed' got purged about 6 months back.. 

iirc he were one of the saudis that "did 9/11" , so i dont see why his muslim brotherhood mate getting butchered now will start WW3 . 

its gonna take something else, although i wouldnt be surprised if mr trump touching that globe electrocuted scores of  MBS's enemies (although it technically was during the ill Salman's time).. 

my bad taste pun for this thread - Corned Beef Hashigoggi 

Would there be such a furore if our favourite journo went missing after a meeting at the Reebok?

Aren’t journalists just despised anyway, so not really a great loss?

• Members

Bottom line here is that machinery of a state got rid of one of their own citizens. Happening hundreds, if not thousands of times daily around the world.

If it had happened on Saudi soil/sand and he wasn't a journalist, it wouldn't rate a mention. 

I hope we have seen the opportunity here to cement a fantastic trade deal.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Bottom line here is that machinery of a state got rid of one of their own citizens. Happening hundreds, if not thousands of times daily around the world.

If it had happened on Saudi soil/sand and he wasn't a journalist, it wouldn't rate a mention. 

I hope we have seen the opportunity here to cement a fantastic trade deal.

Strange that of hundreds of murders all over the world go largely unnoticed but this one, involving a journalist, raises a few journalistic eyebrows.

55 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Strange that of hundreds of murders all over the world go largely unnoticed but this one, involving a journalist, raises a few journalistic eyebrows.

I'd say it's probably more to do with the Turkish president keeping it in the news rather than any journalists digging around for stories

4 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

I'd say it's probably more to do with the Turkish president keeping it in the news rather than any journalists digging around for stories

Admittedly he's doing a fantastic job of embarrassing the Saudis but he suppresses journalists all the time. The biggest imprisoner of journalists in the world apparently 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/editorials/erdogan-reelection-turkey-donald-trump-fake-news-politicians-a8416311.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...