Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

34 minutes ago, royal white said:

Weight loss, less stress on the body therefore less injuries, building up a strong aerobic base. Anyway enough of me waffling on heres the link from the man who’s method it is. 

https://philmaffetone.com/want-speed-slow-down/

This is my issue; I need to put weight on if anything and already have a decent aerobic base so need to decide if it’s for me.

I’m running 3 or 4 times a week at the minute and have already done 2 marathons in the past; if I’m going to do another marathon I want sub 3 hours. Just need to find the right training plan.

• 3 weeks later...

All-time dream weight achieved (12 and a half stone). I’d got to 12 stone 13 last year and always thought that would be as good as I’d ever get, so I’m proper chuffed with that. Not touched any booze since May 31st (not that I’m counting) but the calorie counting has meant I’ve not really felt like I’ve missed out on anything as long as I have a lighter dinner etc. Lost 31.5% of my bodyweight compared to this time 6 years ago, going from (a tight) XXL down to medium for most places. Do for me. 

• Moderators

well played

I'm down to 13st 6lbs after starting post lockdown exercise at 14st 2lbs

and that's still boozing at least 2 nights a week

I could do so much more if I just stopped boozing

but I get to Weds, sometimes Tues, and start getting bored

30 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

well played

Never particularly been one for drinking at home so I’ve found it relatively easy on that front with the absence of away days. Probably helps that it hasn’t been cracking the flags like it was during May which is generally when I fancy a drink. Definitely helped that Mrs has been working from home while I’ve been furloughed so we’ve been going for a walk for 60-90 minutes when she finishes work just to break her day up more than anything. 

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

well played

Gone downhill since you stopped jogging after adulterers.

On 24/07/2020 at 10:17, Leyther_Matt said:

All-time dream weight achieved (12 and a half stone). I’d got to 12 stone 13 last year and always thought that would be as good as I’d ever get, so I’m proper chuffed with that. Not touched any booze since May 31st (not that I’m counting) but the calorie counting has meant I’ve not really felt like I’ve missed out on anything as long as I have a lighter dinner etc. Lost 31.5% of my bodyweight compared to this time 6 years ago, going from (a tight) XXL down to medium for most places. Do for me. 

Brilliant effort!!!

Just the issue of replacing your entire wardrobe now!

6 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Brilliant effort!!!

Just the issue of replacing your entire wardrobe now!

Been an ongoing effort on that front over the last few years to be honest, occasionally deliberately buying stuff in smaller sizes so that I had a goal to work towards etc. Dread to think how much stuff I’ve got rid of, and in particular had quite a sizeable collection of football and rugby tops that pretty much all ended up in clothes banks. Just my luck that the retro shirt business has exploded since then!

On 24/07/2020 at 10:17, Leyther_Matt said:

Inspiring

well done

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Boris is shedding the pounds, he's gonna look like an anorexic Albino.

The PM setting an example.

#TeamBoris 

Saw the NHS's new advert a few minutes ago, aimed at getting us all to lose weight. Fighting back against cancer, diabetes, and of course covid.

Well done to them, hope it works. Be plenty of folk resembling a rhino's leg.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Tom Watsons book explains how reversing diabetes can be achieved. There really is no excuse, but I'm sure some folk will come up with some. Surely nobody wants to be a chubber.

Fatlivesmatter you bodyist (made that up) cunt 😁

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Done it twice, only Swirrel edge though, just as dangerouse with the climb over the rocks. Went to d striding the 2nd time but the wind was pretty harsh, so stuck to Swirrel. 

Great peak though Helvellyn, just don’t roll down the scree into red tarn.

Last time, there was a group of scouts selling bacon barms on the top. Cycled up for charity. 🤪

Last time we went up Helvellyn we took in St Sunday, Fairfield, Dollwagon etc and came down from Helvellyn without doing any of the edges, was a long day but it's belting up there.

Was going to come down via Striding but started it and there was still snow and ice and arsehole started twitching so went back up and took the more gentle option.

Did Skiddaw a couple of weeks ago starting from Bassenthwaite, great ridge walk starting from Ullock Pike and taking in 4 other Wainwrights on the way. Weather wasn't the best but views ok.

Was on the Langdale Pikes last week in 60mph winds and it wasn't dissimilar in Ullswater this week, even at only 500m!!