Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Surely for any goal they would have in taking us over (be it PR or to make money from the PL), getting us out of League One at the earliest opportunity would be fairly important?

-12 at best guarantees two seasons in the third tier.

But they perhaps were too late to save the points penalty. Or perhaps the saving from admin is too great compared to -12 points?

I mean we're a long way from anything actually happening or being real. But, it might be that they are happy with 2 years in league one over spending lots extra to unravel the mess and also deal with Ken...

I think people that are talking about Chinese investment abroad are referring to capital controls in place by the government. The Chinese government has been attempting to stop the outflow of capital into foreign property markets by putting capital controls in place, but I'm not sure if these controls would apply to a large company investing in an overseas business. 

Nixon implying that the decision underpinning buying now from Anderson v buying out of admin = saving £28 million v 12 point deduction.

Frankly I don't think this is the case or that the numbers are necessarily right, but if it was the case I'd rather take the deduction and hope the money was spent on putting together a team that would get promoted despite the deduction - and form the basis of a Championship contending side the following season.

3 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Nixon implying that the decision underpinning buying now from Anderson v buying out of admin = saving £28 million v 12 point deduction.

Frankly I don't think this is the case or that the numbers are necessarily right, but if it was the case I'd rather take the deduction and hope the money was spent on putting together a team that would get promoted despite the deduction - and form the basis of a Championship contending side the following season.

Iles saying it's an admin job for the Chinese.

3 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Yeah there is definitely a trade off point. Depends how much the other sanctions of admin will hinder that though too.

12 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Would have to be some team to get promotion, we could be looking at a 20 point deduction.

3 minutes ago, Clarence Carter said:

Would have to be some team to get promotion, we could be looking at a 20 point deduction.

If we do get some people in with decent money like these Chinese fellas (not convinced yet) but they could possibly strike a deal with the EFL to pay a fine rather than take a points deduction, or perhaps some appeal could happen due to it being mitigating circumstances. Just a hope anyway, but I'm not sure even the EFL would want to put us on -20 points, it would just be a pointless season, perhaps literally.

7 minutes ago, Mantra said:

If we do get some people in with decent money like these Chinese fellas (not convinced yet) but they could possibly strike a deal with the EFL to pay a fine rather than take a points deduction, or perhaps some appeal could happen due to it being mitigating circumstances. Just a hope anyway, but I'm not sure even the EFL would want to put us on -20 points, it would just be a pointless season, perhaps literally.

Luton started on -30, Leeds -15. I don't think we can expect any support from the EFL regardless of who owns the club.

I think they'll want to set an example to prevent it happening again.

Not trying to be negative, i just don't think its in their book to be lenient on matches going unplayed in those circumstances.