Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

best place to buy a telly online ?

Ani

Decide what you want. Do a search. Find cheapest price from retailer you know is real. If its too good to be true its not real. Buy TV.

Sorry for flippant answer but that is it. If you're bothered about guarantees and the like then John Lewis probably. Richer sounds and Currys also sometimes offer 5 year guarantees. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Why online and not at a tv shop?

There is only Currys by us so nothing to compare with.

Went in yesterday and the salesman was a prick.

Also no point someone suggesting some great place in Bolton for me.

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter

https://www.elekdirect.co.uk

These are owned by ao and basically shift seconds or returned goods ordered by customers from ao.

I've had a fridge (with a tiny dent in the door) and a brand new TV recently.

There's even more stuff in the warehouse including shit loads of TVs at very good prices.

Will never go anywhere else now.

The advantage is you could pop in next time you're coming to a match (if there are any more).

Very impressed with the choice and service, and my current TV was significantly cheaper than anywhere else I could find online offering the same model.

It's quite a mind-blowing place.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

https://www.elekdirect.co.uk

These are owned by ao and basically shift seconds or returned goods ordered by customers from ao.

I've had a fridge (with a tiny dent in the door) and a brand new TV recently.

There's even more stuff in the warehouse including shit loads of TVs at very good prices.

Will never go anywhere else now.

The advantage is you could pop in next time you're coming to a match (if there are any more).

Very impressed with the choice and service, and my current TV was significantly cheaper than anywhere else I could find online offering the same model.

It's quite a mind-blowing place.

Got a fridge from there around 8 years ago, tiny dent in one side (which wasn't visible when installed) and was around 45% less than normal price.

Hit and miss if they have what you want at any given time, but worth a visit.

It's irrelevant really as they all price match

i just got a 55 inch LG OLED that was £1300 in currys. Costco had it at £1100 with a further £150 off if you bought through Costco on line (£950 total) 

I wasn't a Costco member so I rang Richersounds and asked them to price match, they asked if I was a Costco member and of course I said yes, so they matched it. I went to Richersoubds as they had a deal with LG that if you bought a TV then you got £100 off a sound bar + a google home speaker for free so I picked that up as well. Glad I went to them as the first TV that got delivered didn't work, these OLED's are murder for it apparently, worth going to a proper retailer as they came back the next day with a replacement! 

AO also good for price matching off even the most obscure websites, as long as it's 'in stock and available'. I saved £500 on a range cooker with AO based on it being available on some tinpot website, in truth the tin pot web site had sold out months before but hadn't taken the deal off the web site so I chanced my arm, the telesales people take one look and discount you the money off, job done 

plenty price comparison sites about to find the lowest price, just ring up a reputable retailer and get them to match it. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/ is where I found the Costco deal - its as good a starting point as any 

Hardest part to buying a TV is deciding what you want, UHD, OLED etc. Websites like What Hi Fi are great for reviews -

Phillips OLED TV's are fantastic value for money, I was heading that way until the LG deal came up 

• Moderators

What do you make of oled

Always hard to judge in store as youre not viewing from a normal position and it's usually a bluray feed

I'll prob bite the bullet next time, when they are nearer 6 or 700 in 18 months