Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What would you do ?

Rudy

• Members

I bought Mrs Rudy a pair of trainers for Christmas, cost a pretty penny gave them to her before Christmas but the wrong size came. 

So I spoke to the live chat said can we arrange for a new pair sending out and return these?

They can’t do that so I’ll have to pay for a new pair and wait for the refund.

Fine no problem

We’ll send you some new ones out the box that they come in will have packaging to send them back.

So a new pair turn up. With the packaging, send them back, get confirmation that they’ve been received with the courier, they’ll issue me a refund 3-5 working days 

Today 3 pairs have turned up, I thought they’ve billed me for 3 pairs. 

I go on my online banking

1 payment taken for the wrong pair

1 payment taken for the correct pair

1 refund for the wrong pair

1 refund for the right pair

1 refund for a pair I didn’t order 

So I’ve paid for one pair of trainers, got two extra refunds and got Two extra pair of trainers.

Do I contact them as an upstanding citizen or do I say fuck the corporate pigs and keep the money and trainers?

They'll realise they've made a mistake and contact you, if you keep them after that then I can't remember the exact process but it usually ends up ok for the retailer and not you. I'm pretty sure there are time frames involved as well where if you sold them on it would be still be you who was liable.

That's just from experience of us making mistakes at work and folk trying to keep stuff that isn't really theirs.

You can always put em to one side and see what happens.

Personally I would ring and tell them. 

Did you have to sign for the delivery ? Would tell them if they want em back they can come and collect them 

We had a package left on our doorstep today. Wrong name. Opened delivery note was from H Samuel. Missus rang them and posted it back. No idea what was in there. 

I'd like to think I'd do the honest thing, albeit I would be doing it on the caveat that it wouldn't cost me anything to send the extra pairs back.

That said, I bought some trainers online from JD a couple of years ago but when they arrived they weren't the ones I ordered so I took them in store and they refunded the original transaction as they didn't have them in stock. Turned out the ones I returned were worth double what I'd paid in the first place!

50 minutes ago, Spider said:

You already know what you’re going to do

stop being all sensible you, what kind of answer is that? 

ive heard similar stories on social media and the answers always the same, keep the buggers.  But, its your call, you could always say "I wondered how long it would take for you to contact me" line.  

• Members
45 minutes ago, Ani said:

Personally I would ring and tell them. 

Did you have to sign for the delivery ? Would tell them if they want em back they can come and collect them 

We had a package left on our doorstep today. Wrong name. Opened delivery note was from H Samuel. Missus rang them and posted it back. No idea what was in there. 

Thing is they were just lobbed down the drive I haven’t signed for anything no invoice or receipt 

Two emails confirming my purchases and one saying the refund has been processed 

Only yesterday you were boasting of rinsing some bargirl for five bottles of 'dog' for a tenner at The Arena. 😃

Poor girl probably was docked £25 to make up the actual cost - the majority of her wage for the evening. The poor sweet thing.

Fuck 'em - just maintain radio silence. For extra thieving bastard points report the card you used as 'lost' - three days for a replacement a minor inconvenience.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Only yesterday you were boasting of rinsing some bargirl for five bottles of 'dog' for a tenner at The Arena. 😃

Poor girl probably was docked £25 to make up the actual cost - the majority of her wage for the evening. The poor sweet thing.

Fuck 'em - just maintain radio silence. For extra thieving bastard points report the card you used as 'lost' - three days for a replacement a minor inconvenience.

For the money MEN charge they can afford to Lose a tenner. 

• Members

@Escobarp you’re a man with a financial background who likes expensive trainers

Now these are Alexander McQueens and I have no doubt they are made with a high quality but probably made my some lasses in a Thai sweatshop.

So should I keep the money and invest it back into the Thai Brass market when we get out there? That should balance the moral compass out right?

The money we spend on brasses could help feed a ladyboy for a whole year, who are we to take food out of their mouths?

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I bought Mrs Rudy a pair of trainers for Christmas, cost a pretty penny gave them to her before Christmas but the wrong size came. 

So I spoke to the live chat said can we arrange for a new pair sending out and return these?

They can’t do that so I’ll have to pay for a new pair and wait for the refund.

Fine no problem

We’ll send you some new ones out the box that they come in will have packaging to send them back.

So a new pair turn up. With the packaging, send them back, get confirmation that they’ve been received with the courier, they’ll issue me a refund 3-5 working days 

Today 3 pairs have turned up, I thought they’ve billed me for 3 pairs. 

I go on my online banking

1 payment taken for the wrong pair

1 payment taken for the correct pair

1 refund for the wrong pair

1 refund for the right pair

1 refund for a pair I didn’t order 

So I’ve paid for one pair of trainers, got two extra refunds and got Two extra pair of trainers.

Do I contact them as an upstanding citizen or do I say fuck the corporate pigs and keep the money and trainers?

Easy, order some more.

You'll rival Size by next week 😃 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

@Escobarp you’re a man with a financial background who likes expensive trainers

Now these are Alexander McQueens and I have no doubt they are made with a high quality but probably made my some lasses in a Thai sweatshop.

So should I keep the money and invest it back into the Thai Brass market when we get out there? That should balance the moral compass out right?

The money we spend on brasses could help feed a ladyboy for a whole year, who are we to take food out of their mouths?

I like your thinking regarding the investment into helping some far eastern workers provide for their families. 

However I would probably if I’m honest send them back. Hard as that is to believe. 

I posted something pre Xmas in the local post office and needed a padded envelope so took one from the shelf while in the queue and addressed it etc. when I got to the counter she was just going to charge me for the postage. I told her that the envelope was from There and she needed to charge me for it. She thanked me and said she can’t believe how honest I was. 

I made a remark to her that I was simply trying to ensure that I got a look at heaven from outside before I went to hell 😁. If only she knew the truth behind that comment!

• Members
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@Rudy

I doubt a bottle of Newky is £4 - more likely £7.

Hence her wage being garnished by £25 - 5x£5 for the shortfall.

She worked for nowt so you could get merry on the cheap - you bastard. 😃

She’s probably doing onlyfans now and charging @Spider’s lad £10 a pop for flashing her clam, making serious bank all because the MEN sacked her for a £25 shortfall.

And I got her out of that raygun radical hotspot

I basically saved a life. Call me Newcy Mandela

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Easy, order some more.

You'll rival Size by next week 😃 

See now this is a man who invests wisely 

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

She’s probably doing onlyfans now and charging @Spider’s lad £10 a pop for flashing her clam, making serious bank all because the MEN sacked her for a £25 shortfall.

😀

HBWHT btw? I'm picturing some petite 5' 0" but big titted inked up girl with a blue streaked bob - probably pierced down below.

If she was a munter just lie - don't burst my bubble.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
7 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

😀

HBWHT btw? I'm picturing some petite 5' 0" but big titted inked up girl with a blue streaked bob - probably pierced down below.

If she was a munter just lie - don't burst my bubble.

Petite little thing who wouldn’t say boo to a goose but had a look in her eye that said “I like to be choked in bed”

You know the sort 

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

See now this is a man who invests wisely 

😉 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Thing is they were just lobbed down the drive I haven’t signed for anything no invoice or receipt 

Two emails confirming my purchases and one saying the refund has been processed 

Pretty sure you get away with it. 

Personally I still return them. 

• Members

Just been on the live chat abs basically it went like this

Explained the situation

So have you received the item?

Yes but 3 times

Ordered incorrectly, then correctly then you returned them?

Yes 

So that’s three transactions all accounted for, you paid then paid then we refunded you, have you now got the items? 

Yes but three times
Yes because you have purchased them 3 times.

Is there anything else I can help you with

Oh fuck off I tried