Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Neil Hart

L/H White

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Is he still a cunt or has he become a hero?

Still a cunt, his stance that nobody uses them is absolute bollocks.

Theres a bus stop outside my house and there is generally about 15 people at just that one stop.

He's claiming a morale victory on an obvious business decision.

Cunts trick

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, barryk32 said:

Theres a bus stop outside my house and there is generally about 15 people at just that one stop.

Cunts trick

It's literally his job to make business decisions. If the matchday bus service is losing money, it needs addressing, surely? Seeing 15 people at a bus stop outside your house doesn't necessarily justify a fleet of 8 double-decker buses.

28 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's literally his job to make business decisions. If the matchday bus service is losing money, it needs addressing, surely? Seeing 15 people at a bus stop outside your house doesn't necessarily justify a fleet of 8 double-decker buses.

Thanks for clarifying Neil; so we shouldn’t be calling him (you) a cunt?

40 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Cunts trick

I agree with you that he is a cunt but he is right hardly anyone uses them  8 buses with capacity of 100 if full means 800 people maximum use them - 5% of our average crowd? and buses 6 and 7 certainly arent anywhere near full

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

I agree with you that he is a cunt but he is right hardly anyone uses them  8 buses with capacity of 100 if full means 800 people maximum use them - 5% of our average crowd? and buses 6 and 7 certainly arent anywhere near full

8's rammed.

I used to go on it until the latest price increase.  I could cope with 15 quid, moaned a bit but it was top end.  Now its over 20 quid for me and 2 kids its over what I'm willing to pay.  Our Peg drops us off and picks us up instead.

Anyway......

I did some quick maths on the bus thread.  The club could buy second hand buses, employ drivers and easily make money on it.

Everyone knows someone who couldnt come if it wasnt for the buses

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

8's rammed.

I used to go on it until the latest price increase.  I could cope with 15 quid, moaned a bit but it was top end.  Now its over 20 quid for me and 2 kids its over what I'm willing to pay.  Our Peg drops us off and picks us up instead.

Anyway......

I did some quick maths on the bus thread.  The club could buy second hand buses, employ drivers and easily make money on it.

Can't find the bus thread. I'm assuming your calculations allowed for maintenance, repairs, storage, insurance, fuel etc? And that's assuming you could employ drivers on a contract that only includes 1 return journey a week, occasionally 2?

1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

8's rammed.

Anyway......

I think the issue is the price - especially as you are only going one way - £7 is a bit steep then - add in any kids with you and its a dear do, 

1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

8's rammed.

Anyway......

I did some quick maths on the bus thread.  The club could buy A BIG FUCKING TRANSIT VAN , employ drivers and easily make money on it.

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

As GM Mayor, Andy Burnam made the maximum fare for a single bus ride anywhere within the Greater Manchester Metropolitan Area, how does this sit with the match-day bus?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-62793407#

I'd assume it doesn't apply to the matchday buses because it isn't public transport

49 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Make the buses cashless and you’ll soon see how busy they are. 

@barryk32 will agree with you on that. Cost him forty odd quid one week iirc, cos a few of his mates didn't know they couldn't pay by card 😁

• 3 weeks later...