Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Five years ago today

Lt. Aldo Raine

Amazing 5 minutes where I went from dejection, passing out after a pile on to sheer pandemonium. 

probably closest we will get to that winning feel is how if strangely sum it up. 

Of course we have won stuff and will again but a 3 minute turn around like that may be the most elite of them all.

Had a forest mate come to the match and to this day he says it’s the only game he’s glad they’ve ever lost and it was amazing just to be there.

27 minutes ago, tomski said:

Amazing 5 minutes where I went from dejection, passing out after a pile on to sheer pandemonium. 

probably closest we will get to that winning feel is how if strangely sum it up. 

Of course we have won stuff and will again but a 3 minute turn around like that may be the most elite of them all.

Had a forest mate come to the match and to this day he says it’s the only game he’s glad they’ve ever lost and it was amazing just to be there.

It was that cup match at Southampton in reverse. Devastation to jubilation in minutes.  A mate of mine walked out on 88 minutes shouting "feck off Parky!". Tit!  🤣 

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

It was that cup match at Southampton in reverse. Devastation to jubilation in minutes.  A mate of mine walked out on 88 minutes shouting "feck off Parky!". Tit!  🤣 

Ha we have had plenty of reverse fortunes.

We had a mate who went to get hotel seats. Smooth.

6 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The sheer pandemonium as this went in

The folk who left early missed out. You can't buy that sort of high. I've no sympathy. We have a pair, who have form for bailing out early, who missed the limbs. 

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Should have taken the relegation and saved ourselves from the dreadful season that followed.

Nah not really. Will always be in my top five BWFC moments. Latest addition being the fourth goal at Wembley. 

Agree in hindsight it was pointless but still awesome!