Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (H)

captainmed

5 hours ago, captainmed said:

If we’re not, considering that 6 out of those 10 will have been at home, then we have problems. 

Somehow are still clear favourites to go up automatically 

Could that be because, despite the popular opinions on here that we're dog shit and Evatt is a poor manager, we're 3 points off top spot with a game in hand?

Sure we were awful against Wigan and I was livid, mainly because I got to watch that, and by all accounts poor at Reading but we're still in touch. 

Cautiously optimistic.

36 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Only single tickets remain except upper north stand.

Should open lower south like before and get us on all sides of the pitch.

Not like this makes a difference results wise but hey ho it's always nice to see!

No point loads left still

over 20k sold 

Edited by radcliffe white

13 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Could it be that the expected money Evatt was to be given was from outgoing sales? I actually believe Johnson was on his way before his injury and perhaps the club expected offers for the likes of Rico and Dion which didn’t materialise. The only one that did was George and though accepted didn’t happen because the player wanted to stay. The two wages anticipated to be saved in John and Sadlier didn’t happen until the very end of the window but not really fully even the with DC only on loan so we must still be carrying most of his wages still. Without any income I don’t think Evatt then had what was anticipated meaning he had to pull out of the purchases we know of. I don’t see much changing in January so I still don’t think IE will have much to spend so I think we can only hope 5hat the current players shape up and do the business, including the strikers.

Good point about income from outgoing players.

I think some folk were expecting more spend from the bond income despite the club clearly saying that money was earmarked for non-transfer spend.

Transfer money has to come from trading profit and we don't even know if we're making a profit yet. As you say, we can only hope the players step up.

28 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Good point about income from outgoing players.

I think some folk were expecting more spend from the bond income despite the club clearly saying that money was earmarked for non-transfer spend.

Transfer money has to come from trading profit and we don't even know if we're making a profit yet. As you say, we can only hope the players step up.

I can only recall you thinking this 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone remember the days there were no screens; they weren't even thought about as no one really gave a fuck.

Remember when Bolton were away and at the reserves match they used to climb up the ladder on the embankment end to put the score up when there was a goal in the first team game. Everyone got excited but sometimes (more often than not) our opponents had scored. Communication was shite in the 60’s and hardly anyone had cars and went on oversees holidays- some believe we are poor in 2023