Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (H)

captainmed

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Correct.  A bloke I knew that was in his 60s used to be a steward (now sadly no longer with us) and he was absolute salt of the earth, good at stewarding and also cricket umpire (well known locally).  The idea that he might sprint across a pitch to catch a knob head who could assault him is absolutely ridiculous and I wouldn't have wanted him to try.  Not to mention that some are women and could be the daughter or sister of any of us.

We've had a couple of stewards who weren't as big as two-penn'oth of chips. One little chap said to me 'let me know if you see anyone vaping. Why, what are you doing? I asked. 'Oh, I'll be watching too.

14 hours ago, Cheese said:

I was talking shite. 3 games.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23811100.bolton-wanderers-v-manchester-united-under-21s---team-news/

Jones will miss three games after a rash challenge on winger Ricky Jade-Jones was punished with a straight red card by referee Ross Joyce.

If I was an immature, point-scoring, know-it-all wanker I'd say "I told you so".

So ....

I told you so.

• Site Supporter

Apologies if I’ve got this wrong, but am I reading this right, are we comparing that guy on Saturday coming on the pitch to the Accrington semi?

That’s the one the Brittan brothers (and just a few thousand others..) went on in celebration. After the whistle, with no players on, with families/kids, just like countless other semis last year, while authorities accepted it smiling as you did so, similar to Peterborough/Forest at home… need I go on?

How has this comparison/criticism developed? 

Hopefully the fecking idiot will have wider questions to answer.

Thrown out already he returned only to invade the pitch HE WAS WITH HIS 5yr OLD DAUGHTER.

So he abandoned her in the midst of a very sizeable football crowd. 

Courts, Social Services ... the wife !!! ... are going to be looking seriously at him.

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Assuming this is the same bloke, sounds like he's still got the same problem he had in 2014:

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/11496787.late-night-brawl-started-after-man-was-tripped-up-in-yates/

Carolyn Smith, defending Jack Conway, also of Fir Street, said he had a problem with binge drinking

Wonder if he is a Bury fan? The way he taunted Bolton players made me think he wasn’t Bolton

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, desperado said:

Apologies if I’ve got this wrong, but am I reading this right, are we comparing that guy on Saturday coming on the pitch to the Accrington semi?

That’s the one the Brittan brothers (and just a few thousand others..) went on in celebration. After the whistle, with no players on, with families/kids, just like countless other semis last year, while authorities accepted it smiling as you did so, similar to Peterborough/Forest at home… need I go on?

How has this comparison/criticism developed? 

It's all in the thread, however in summary a post on the BN made the comparison, from a legal perspective. 

From a legal perspective he may have a point, from a moral perspective, maybe not.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Certainly nothing for folk to get hot under the collar over!

• The title was changed to Peterborough (H)
  • The topic was unpinned