Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United (A)

radcliffe white

Baxter

JDC Forrester/Jones Toal Iredale Ashworth

Dempsey Sheehan GT

Collins Charles

That’s what I reckon he’ll go with, assuming one of Forrester or Jones are fit. If not then same back 5 that started yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Baxter

Dempsey Sheehan GT

Collins Charles

That’s what I reckon he’ll go with, assuming one of Forrester or Jones are fit. If not then same back 5 that started yesterday.

I’d go with that 

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Baxter

Dempsey Sheehan GT

Collins Charles

Swap Charles for bod. The lad just isn’t at the races at the moment 

Just now, Big E said:

He isn't, but there's also the possibility that he's a bit fucked physically too, as well as mentally after the baby issue.

Of all the outfield players we've got, only Dacres-Cogley has played more minutes this season and Charles has also been away every international break. Considering he probably runs the hardest, he might be knackered.

That said, I wouldn't be against the AC/DC starting at Cambridge for at least 45 mins.

3 minutes ago, Big E said:

I wouldn’t be disappointed to see it to be honest, but Charles has been by far our best striker this season and although he’s not in great form, I’d like to see our 2 best up front together. JDB plays a really good roll off the bench.

If Charles looks shite again then let JDB start with Collins on Saturday and give the lad a rest.

Either way - Collins starts and it’s 1 of the other 3 (more likely 2 as I think Vic is benched) alongside him.

12 minutes ago, Traf said:

He isn't, but there's also the possibility that he's a bit fucked physically too, as well as mentally after the baby issue.

Of all the outfield players we've got, only Dacres-Cogley has played more minutes this season and Charles has also been away every international break. Considering he probably runs the hardest, he might be knackered.

That said, I wouldn't be against the AC/DC starting at Cambridge for at least 45 mins.

Agree with that. Lad needs a rest 

These next four are very important. At the end of it we're in to two away derbies against teams who hate us with Derby/Peterborough/Stevenage/Barnsley away during Spring, not to mention Pompey and Oxford at home. 

I'd say we need to be racking up 10 points from Cambridge/Northampton away and Wycombe/Charlton at home. If we do that we'd be on 68 points from 32 games. We'd be bang on target. I think we'd need a further 26 points from the last 14 games, slightly less if we're lucky. It's slightly less than the two points a game we've been averaging overall.

Cambridge away hasn't been the happiest of hunting grounds but that'll need to change. This feels like a similar fixture to Wycombe away back in the Autumn. Let's hope for a similar result. 

Collins starts every game now for me it’s just who with

charles needs to sort his shit out and find his form and if he’s fucked physically good look in the championship if we make it

No point in having games in hand if we can’t take advantage we must take the 3 points here 

Its maybe a bit optimistic to expect 6 points from 2 fairly difficult aways (well, compared to Carlisle or Fleetwood).  4 points is probably the benchmark, I'd happily take that, any defeat would be a bad result obviously and 2 draws clearly not enough with the tougher games to come.  Win 1, draw 1 then back here for 2 winnable homes.

34 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I should be able to pick one up if needs be though I expect there will be pay on the day. 

11 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

You'd be able to collect from Cambridge if you speak to the ticket office

Cheers will ring them in the morning you’d think they’ll know if POG or not, Charlton, Wycombe was 

There's no reason why we can't win the next four. Cambridge aren't great, Northampton got pumped yesterday and you'd be disappointed not to win both home games.

That puts us on 70pts from 32 games and would relieve a bit of pressure on the Blackpool/Wigan double-header.

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

There's no reason why we can't win the next four. Cambridge aren't great, Northampton got pumped yesterday and you'd be disappointed not to win both home games.

That puts us on 70pts from 32 games and would relieve a bit of pressure on the Blackpool/Wigan double-header.

Spot on

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

Exactly this.

Tbh, unless this ridiculous bad luck with injuries continues, I think we're good enough to get something every game.

Definitely should be expecting to win the next 4 

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

These next four are very important. At the end of it we're in to two away derbies against teams who hate us with Derby/Peterborough/Stevenage/Barnsley away during Spring, not to mention Pompey and Oxford at home. 

I'd say we need to be racking up 10 points from Cambridge/Northampton away and Wycombe/Charlton at home. If we do that we'd be on 68 points from 32 games. We'd be bang on target. I think we'd need a further 26 points from the last 14 games, slightly less if we're lucky. It's slightly less than the two points a game we've been averaging overall.

Cambridge away hasn't been the happiest of hunting grounds but that'll need to change. This feels like a similar fixture to Wycombe away back in the Autumn. Let's hope for a similar result. 

I said the same yesterday 👍🏻