Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton

batton carrier

• Members
10 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I took that on the chin then, since & today. We had 37 games to correct it, another error over Easter v Leeds was more critical & irreversible. 

It's one of the reasons I'm not that into technology overuling decision after decision. Albeit 'did it cross the fckg line ?' is less controversial than most.

Errors happen, players, managers, officials, pundits, fans make them. Get over it.

Also it was in the first half IIRC so what was to stop Everton coming out in the second half and scoring two given they would have been losing 

And you could argue we had 34 games to correct it as we'd already played three prior to it 😉

20 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I took that on the chin then, since & today. We had 37 games to correct it, another error over Easter v Leeds was more critical & irreversible. 

It's one of the reasons I'm not that into technology overuling decision after decision. Albeit 'did it cross the fckg line ?' is less controversial than most.

Errors happen, players, managers, officials, pundits, fans make them. Get over it.

I get the anger / bitterness / frustration at the whole situation, but surely that is always directed at the officials and not the other team involved ?

Its like hating Ipswich and not Barry knight !?!

All the similar things that have happened to us, its not the team we played against we hate for it...but the ref or the "system". For example we hate Collina, not Villarreal. Clattenberg, not that LFC team for it.

Did it cross the line ?? Yes, absolutly.

But it was foul on Southall from Taggert.

Is it first goal wins ?? Nope, you may not have won.

As you say, you had 37 games to make up, and didn't.

Sure Villa should have had a goal awarded against you the same season....but never mentioned.

Also, Chelsea lay dowan and pretty much cheated that first half to let you win - And the team still could not win.

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

I get the anger / bitterness / frustration at the whole situation, but surely that is always directed at the officials and not the other team involved ?

All the similar things that have happened to us, its not the team we played against we hate for it...but the ref or the "system". For example we hate Collina, not Villarreal. Clattenberg, not that LFC team for it.

Sure Villa should have had a goal awarded against you the same season....but never mentioned.

Also, Chelsea lay dowan and pretty much cheated that first half to let you win - And the team still could not win.

All of the above may be correct, and rational.

Since when did supporting a football team through thin and thin become rational?!

On 17/01/2024 at 13:15, gonzo said:

Capitulating v Coventry, Sheff Weds and Derby saw us relegated. Not one decision.

We went down by 4 goals.

This , and as Pablo alluded to a spineless performance at Chelsea in the final game when Player manager Vialli  brought himself on in the second half knowing he wasn’t going to be kicked up in the air by our team . An Allardyce team would have got a result that day no doubt in my mind.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

This , and as Pablo alluded to a spineless performance at Chelsea in the final game when Player manager Vialli  brought himself on in the second half knowing he wasn’t going to be kicked up in the air by our team . An Allardyce team would have got a result that day no doubt in my mind.

We even had the Chelsea fans on our side

• Moderators

was in the upper tier

never known anything like being that high up at a game before then

missed kick off becasuse the bloke driving hit the M61 and went into auto pilot mode and headed north without realising until we were nearly in Preston

22 minutes ago, Zico said:

Mever known anything like being that high up at a game before then

That took me right back to first time I went in the upper tier at Reebok in the opening season, was such a novelty going upstairs!

On 17/01/2024 at 10:51, Pablo said:

Wimbledon players were paid to lose v Everton though. was it the gk Hans Segers ? done later for corruption.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

was in the upper tier

never known anything like being that high up at a game before then

missed kick off becasuse the bloke driving hit the M61 and went into auto pilot mode and headed north without realising until we were nearly in Preston

I was in Upper Tier too, if I was given a free ticket for that stand I wouldn't use it now, I felt like I was going to fall off every time we scored.  Proper vertigo.  But what an atmosphere, about 8k of us there down 2 sides.